Author Topic: La Fonda  (Read 2197 times)

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
La Fonda
« on: January 17, 2010, 02:51:25 PM »
We were craving some Tex-Mex today, nothing special just some decent food. We consulted Urban Spoon but didn't see anything that looked great that was open so somehow wound up here at the Roswell Rd. location. Pretty bland food IMO and not very well done. We both had enchiladas, chicken and veggie. I doctored mine up with this habernaro hot sauce they had on the table but it really didn't help, just wasn't what we had in mind. Oh well, now we know.

Offline shoeshine boy

Re: La Fonda
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
if you want Tex Mex La Fonda is NOT the place to go because it's Latin food not Mexican food. not even sure why they added the Mexican stuff to the menu.
go again and order something else such as a Cuban sandwich or something from the Cuban grill. it's not my favorite Latin place (that would be Las Palmeras in Midtown) but it's fine when we want to get in and out.

Offline guitarded_1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 08:15:46 AM »
if you want Tex Mex La Fonda is NOT the place to go because it's Latin food not Mexican food. not even sure why they added the Mexican stuff to the menu.
go again and order something else such as a Cuban sandwich or something from the Cuban grill. it's not my favorite Latin place (that would be Las Palmeras in Midtown) but it's fine when we want to get in and out.

Exactly.  The paella is pretty good (for a quick version) and quesadillas are very solid.  Mexican items would be the last thing I would order here.  Otherwise, it's a great option.

Offline jonnymack

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
I've never ordered anything other than the Paella there.  For a lunch option, it's a pretty damn good version of it.  Worth the money.  I didn't realize they had added mex items to their menu.  That doesn't sound good.  Definitely stick to the Latin items.

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 08:24:25 AM »

Well it seemed to me that if they have Tex Mex on the menu they should be able to reasonably execute it or why bother. I don't think we will be returning for Latin or Mexican, just wasn't impressed with food or service.

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »
I actually don't mind their fish tacos, mostly because they are grilled and not fried.  Never tried the paella, but it sounds like it might be worth a shot.
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline Uptown Ruler

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »
Haven't been in awhile...several years actually.  That's the result of being served a glass of ice with a live cockroach in it (Peachtree Road/Buckhead location).  That's clearly a location based issue though.  Prior to that, I had visited the Roswell Road/Wieuca location somewhat regularly.  I always enjoyed the quesadillas, and the arroz con pollo.  Friends would regularly order the paella and realyl enjoyed it.  I'm not close enough to that location to go back anymore, and haven't had any strong desire to visit the Howell Mill/10th street location since it opened a year or so ago.

Offline omnivorous

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »
We regularly visit the Ponce de Leon and Candler Park locations, and are usually pretty happy.

The Reuben Cubano is excellent, fish burrito quite tasty and pork-mango salad quite good.  I don't particularly like their chips and salsa, but eat tons anyway :(