Author Topic: Wedding gifts  (Read 2450 times)

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
Wedding gifts
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:08:45 PM »
The cavalcade of lucre has begun for FG and me.  My sister sent a coffeemaker and reinforcements for said maker.  I should explain that her husband works for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters in Vermont, and that this is one of the maker models they sell along with the coffees.  It's a very nice one, a Capresso CoffeeTEAM GS with a built-in burr grinder, automatic timer and controls for grind fineness and "aroma," which I think relates to strength of the brew.  Just tried it out this morning for the first time, and it makes darn good joe. 

If anyone is looking to buy, you should look at this one.  Maybe better to look at a Keurig one-cup system, at least for my sister's sake.  They tell me Green Mountain is making a fortune on the single serving doses for those, and they can't keep up with demand during the holidays.  Go ahead and get one, and you'll have the satisfaction of contributing to my niece's and nephew's college funds.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline MoT

Re: Wedding gifts
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
Loving my new Keurig one- cup system. Bought a nice Cuisnart last year and not happy with it, in fact it doesn't make coffee, unless I am doing something wrong.

It came with a lot of the Green Mt. coffee. My favorite was the mandarin spice tea. Ordered some more. Kiddo likes to come over and try something different every time. She's pretty coffee picky but thinks it's pretty cool so far.

Landfills, beware.