Author Topic: Houston's  (Read 1741 times)

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
Houston's
« on: November 08, 2009, 10:14:20 AM »
As hinted at in earlier posts, FG and I tied the knot last Thursday at the Cobb County courthouse.  No, it was not a shotgun wedding (they don't allow firearms past security), and yes, we are deliriously happy about the whole thing.  ;D

My family came in for the occasion, and maybe to make sure we went through with it.  We had planned to go to Woodfire Grill for a celebratory dinner, but one brother and his wife are extremely picky eaters who won't touch anything that isn't "normal food."  Rather than worry about what they might have, we went to the Houston's Wildwood location on Windy Hill.  It was conveniently located for our group to drive without going all the way into the city at rush hour.

Houston's has a good, "normal" menu full of steaks, sandwiches and such, and a nice wine list, exactly what we needed.  They also have a reputation for tight quality control, and everything we ordered was done exactly right.  Steaks were medium-rare and medium as required, pork chop was still slightly pink in the center, fish was moist and tender.  A couple of bottles of The Prisoner to wash it all down were delectable.  The manager, who knows FG, came by to congratulate us and sent a champagne toast to the table. 

We were all satisfied and favorably impressed.  It was the perfect choice for the evening, and we got to go to Woodfire the next night, whcih I'll report on in that thread.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline steve_drucker

• Email
Re: Houston's
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
As hinted at in earlier posts, FG and I tied the knot last Thursday at the Cobb County courthouse. 

May the long time sun
Shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on.

Loundry

Re: Houston's
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »
Many years of happiness and togetherness to the two of you!

In regards to Houstons, I have eaten there twice and both times ordered the steak sandwich which I thought was really good.  The only one better was the one at the Argentinean restaurant in Norcross (and this restaurant recently closed).  But I can already see this post turning into "Who has the best steak sandwich?"