Author Topic: Catch22 Gastro Pub Athens  (Read 3939 times)

Offline MadBob

Catch22 Gastro Pub Athens
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:40 AM »
The web site is under-developed right now. Catch the rest of the info though, below!

http://catch22athens.com

Twitter: @catch22gp

https://www.facebook.com/Catch22gastropub

http://www.flagpole.com/blogs/grub-notes/posts/catch-22-gastropub-to-open-on-epps-bridge
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:00:27 AM by MadBob »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline MadBob

Re: Catch22 Gastro Pub Athens
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:38:19 PM »
Friends and family tonight. Second night for the kitchen staff. Scotch Eggs made with chorizo. What a combination. House Pastrami was really well put together and had lots of flavor. Bacon popcorn, Jerk Wings, beer cheese filthy fries with garlic confit, pork rinds with jalapeno flakes, lobster and Gouda cheese grits, pork belly char siu, lamb ribs and potato salad, loaded baked potato salad , skirt steak and macaroni and cheese and a killer beer and wine selection.
A new Athens destination.
Still a few bugs but that's what the night was all about!
Congratulations Chef Richard Miley and Staff. Had a great time! Loved it...
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42:53 PM »

That is good to hear.   We will try and go soon..

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 08:15:41 AM »
Grand Opening Saturday.........

Offline MadBob

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 11:04:13 AM »
We went to Catch 22 in Athens for the Terrapin Moo-Vember White Chocolate MooHoo Release Party last night. Great Friends, great company, great crowd, great food and great fun! Congratulations Richard and a Tip of the Hat to the staff for a job well done last night.

The Pastry Chef dished up a Pumpkin and White Chocolate Caramel Corn for an appetizer and pairing of Terrapin MooHoo randalled with White Chocolate and fresh Mint last night. And if you like Chocolate, the Chocolate Cake was the bomb!

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup: Sriracha and Cheddar Bread with Gouda, Parmesan, and Manchego Cheeses. This Grilled Cheese was so good, I couldn't put it down. I did not try the soup but I understand that it was far from ordinary, and as usual way tasty.

Coconut Shrimp with Chipotle Orange Marmalade, Large Shrimp played well with the Coconut and Chipotle Marmalade. Even the Grandson (he is 2) wouldn't leave it alone.
Whole Jerk Wings with Pineapple BBQ sauce, Green Onion and Sweet Chili Sauce. An awesome combination of flavors. Huge meaty wings, bet you can't eat just one (to coin a phrase)!

Shrimp and Green Chili Grits: Great portion. Grits a little overcooked but I enjoyed the Green Chili that added a nice flavor without overpowering the Shrimp. Great flavor.

Frozen Pints Ice Cream paired with the Terrapin Brewing Co. to release “Moo-Hoo Mint” craft beer ice cream. The treat combines chocolate flavors from one of Terrapin’s most popular brews, Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout, made with cocoa nibs from Nashville Chocolatier Olive & Sinclair, with added hints of peppermint.

Terrapin Brewing's White Chocolate MooHoo is clearly a winner. Job well done Spike and John (and Company), good to see you again.  A limited release and at 6.1%, this could easily be a comfortable session beer (for me anyway). Can't wait for the Cinnamon Rolled Wake-n-Bake to hit the streets (That's another story though).

So go ahead and hit the road to Athens for lunch or supper at Catch 22, and hit the 5 Points Bottle Shop for some of that hard to find or something you can't find here in the ATL just yet!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
Got to say:

The Catch 22 "In-N-Out" Animal Style replica 2X2 or 3X3 burger, made with 60/40 beef is killer!

And what I really am posting up about here is the July 10th Beer Dinner with Starr Hill Brewery. 4 Beers and 3 Courses..... Cheap too! Get it on your to do list!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »
A great Beer Dinner this past Wednesday starring Founders Brewing! Great food out of the kitchen with a Baked Mozzarella and Arugula Pistachio Red Onion Garlic Otl Lemon paired with Founders Rabeus.

The Diablo Bistro Steak and Black Grits: Superb! Paired with the Founders Dark Penance.

And, paired with the Founders Breakfast Stout:Tres Leches Cake, Coconut Lime Sorbet with Strawberry Whipped Cream.

Next up October 15th: Stone! Make your calendar marks now!!

This has been a General Public Service Message generated by me, MadBob.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:09:35 AM by MadBob »

Offline MadBob

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 07:10:46 AM »

Offline MadBob

Offline MadBob

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 06:10:08 AM »
Chef Richard was experimenting again....

https://instagram.com/p/4ZVAJ1Ehaq/

Offline MadBob

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 07:08:24 AM »
Richard, at it again at the Terrapin Taco Takedown....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=946025628796573

Offline MadBob

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 06:24:39 AM »
Ladies, we will be having a Husband/Boyfriend/Father/Son sitting service for Black Friday on November 27th while you go shopping. We are only charging for food and beer. You drop them off and pick them up and we will take care of the rest. If you ladies want to stay here instead of shopping that works.
This is going to be a weekend event you do not want to miss.

I am sure this will be epic.