Author Topic: Hugo's Oyster Bar Roswell  (Read 2342 times)

Offline MadBob

Hugo's Oyster Bar Roswell
« on: July 04, 2013, 07:00:50 AM »
Went to a newly opened resto in Roswell Friday June 21st: Hugo's Oyster Bar at 10360 Alpharetta St.
Started with Oysters on the half shell, (always our favorite) and an order of Crispy Fried Oysters, remoulade (basically garlic butter and parsley then topped with Parmesan cheese then grilled.
Marie tried the Sirloin “Blue” Caesar Salad, with silced sirloin, blue cheese crumbles, flavorful Sirloin, it was tender and had great Blue Cheese.
I tried the Oyster Loaf: a fried oyster BLT on Texas Toast. Could have used a little less "rib" from the lettuce but overall was worthy and my taste buds say winner.
A killer cheesecake slice for dessert topped off our meal.
We arrived at 5:00 PM and immediately seated. The place filled up quickly and got a little loud, but it was friendly.
Our server Ashley was on top of it all thru our experience and we enjoyed her service. The GM Barrett Noel stopped by to make sure all was well and tell us about the place. Prices are fair and our food was great. The Southern seafood concept is from Rich Clark and Chef Jon Schwenk of C&S Seafood & Oyster Bar in Vining's and has been open for two weeks now, and has just started valet parking, or you can park next door.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:20:36 AM by MadBob »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Minerva

Re: Hugo's Oyster Bar Roswell
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 07:27:49 AM »
And it is quite good, based on two visits, 
Same quality, lower price points, more casual.than their other place, C&S Oyster and Seaood in Vinings..

Gulf oysters on the half shell are $13,25/doz., which is about what I pay when I buy from a market to shuck my own.

Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »
We went last night. The food was really good. Very fresh. Something bothered me about the atmosphere though. I'm trying to figure it out. I think it might be that I was expecting more of an "oyster shack" experience and instead I got valet parking and fancy plates.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline MadBob

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »
I have heard that. And I will park next door next time I go. It is kinda loud. And I have also heard that the oyster selection is down a bit from opening week. 
Hmmm, "presentation is everything" they say! If you gotta pay for it, it might as well look pretty!
No worries. I am planning another trip soon.
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline mikeamor

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »
We tried to go Labor day.  Their site advertised Labor day weekend specials.  We got there and there were sandwich board signs out along the street saying they were open.  We pulled in, the lot was empty and the place was dark.  Humph.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.