Author Topic: Kevin Weeks  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Milt

• Email
Kevin Weeks
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
I just learned this evening of the death of Kevin Weeks - the writer of the About.com column Cooking for Two.  He passed away at 58 in Knoxville, Tennessee on April 4 - just six days before his father passed away.  Further details are in his obituary in the Knoxville paper.

Offline Minerva

Re: Kevin Weeks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:45:19 AM »

I thought his name was familiar. Turns out I've seen/heard him on NPR. Apparently he had been ill for some time.

"Weeks is the chef/proprietor of Kevin's Cucina, a personal chef service. A confirmed bachelor, his experience in down-sizing recipes for himself has been essential in creating meals for his clients, most of whom are older couples whose children have left home and have decided they don't want to cook so often anymore.

A former magazine editor, Weeks also publishes a food blog, Seriously Good, writes a weekly column on food and culture in Spot-On, and is a frequent contributor to NPR's Kitchen Window."
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline Milt

• Email
Re: Kevin Weeks
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
My only actual contact with Kevin was a couple of years ago.  We were planning a trip to Knoxville and I remembered him mentioning living in Knoxville.  I found a contact address on his About.com piece and asked him where he would recommend.  There was no assurance that he would respond, but I was pleasantly surprised when he did.  He made several recommendations and specifically mentioned Foothills Milling Co. in Maryville as being the best place in Knoxville - even though it isn't in Knoxville.  It was, by far, the best meal that we had on that trip.  When I wrote later and thanked him for the recommendation - he responded again.  That, also, was more than I expected.