Author Topic: The Savory Spoon Jefferson, Ga.  (Read 911 times)

Offline MadBob

The Savory Spoon Jefferson, Ga.
« on: April 19, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »
Chef Josh Aaron just this past week was a guest chef at a beer dinner at Catch 22 in Athens. His offering for the collaboration 2nd course was Sausage and Peppers with Anaheim Chili, Blood Orange and Pecan Stuffed Sausage (no casing). Interesting combo, just a hint of the Blood Orange in taste and balanced just right with the Terrapin Spent Grain Bread, Horseradish Pimento Cheese and Roasted Red Peppers.
Also, The Savory Spoon 3rd Course was a Steamed Bun with Jerk Brisket, Pickled Veg and Spicy Beer Mustard. This was a take on the Chinese Pork Steamed Buns, only the bun wasn't completely wrapped around the Brisket, just over the top and covering the sides. Very flavorful and I could have made a meal out of this by itself.
So, brings the question, has any of you folks had the opportunity to visit The Savory Spoon in Jefferson, Ga.?  Check out the website below.
http://thesavoryspoonga.com/
I must say, Chef Josh is rather personable, loves his food, has fresh and locally sourced ingredients, I understand NO deep fryer and his menu looks delish. I certainly enjoyed his offerings and am looking forward to visiting The Savory Spoon in the short future! A hidden gem? Could be.
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.