Author Topic: Recommendations for an Online Recipe/Foodie Site?  (Read 1851 times)

jojomojo

Recommendations for an Online Recipe/Foodie Site?
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:20:31 AM »
I've been trying to find the best online recipe site and was curious if anyone had any recommendations?

I've been exploring Epicurious, allrecipes,foodbuzz, my recipes ---- just to start but none of the quite seem to hit the mark.

Here's what I'm looking for:
*  online recipe creation and storage
*  ability to send the recipe to others via email and via "share" for FB, RSS, etc.
*  ability to bookmark/store recipes from other sites
*  ability to interact/rate/comment
*  ability to search database of recipes.  If there was such a site that searched all the biggies within one site that would be awesome! (epicurious, foodnetwork, cooks, etc)
*  FREE of course:)  or minimal charge.

It seems the closest I've found is allrecipes.com - but I would just throw it out there and see if anyone had any recommendations?

Thanks

Offline reedone

Re: Recommendations for an Online Recipe/Foodie Site?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:36:52 AM »
try food.com.

It doesn't have a share feature, but just about everything else in the list. 

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:36:50 PM »
Why not start a blog?

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »
Yeah, that's why I started a blog. I got sick of sorting through various message boards (none of which were actually food related) and Livejournal posts to find where I put that tomato soup recipe. Its a far better system than the stack of old envelopes by the stove with lists of ingredients and vague instructions like "muffin method??" scribbled on them that I'd been using to store recipes before that.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline A_Russian_Cook

• American recipes with a Russian twist!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »
Yep, that's why I started a blog as well. But for all of my recipe needs I use foodnetwork.com. The best thing about it is you can search by your favorite chef, mine would be Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, and The Neely's. Every chef offers something good... for example, if I need something quick, I look up Rachael Ray's recipes. If I want to bake something or make casseroles, I look up Paula Deen's recipes, and if I want to make BBQ Ribs or Short Ribs (incidently, their Kansas style BBQ Ribs are to die for), I look up Neely's recipes. Sometimes, I would have nothing but poultry in the freezer and would have no idea what to make out of it, I would just type "chicken" in the search and it would give me a bunch of chicken recipes, that's what I like about the foodnetwork.com site.

Hope this helps!
-------------------------------------------
Join my blog - http://marinasrecipebox.wordpress.com

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:29:52 AM »
It's why i also started my cured meats blog. To document my trials...