Author Topic: F1  (Read 24306 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: F1
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2013, 08:32:48 AM »

F1 in Spain today...   Who is gonna watch?

I hope Lewis wins.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2013, 09:03:44 AM »

Raikkonen to partner Alonso at Ferrari in 2014 11 Sep 2013

Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Lotus F1. Formula One World Championship, Rd12, Italian Grand Prix, Practice, Monza, Italy, Friday, 6 September 2013 Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Ferrari celebrates on the podium Formula One World Championship, Rd17, Brazilian Grand Prix, Race Day, Interlagos, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Sunday, 21 October 2007 (L to R): Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Lotus F1, race winner Fernando Alonso (ESP) Ferrari, Stefano Domenicali (ITA) Ferrari General Director and Felipe Massa (BRA) Ferrari celebrate on the podium. Formula One World Championship, Rd5, Spanish Grand Prix, Race Day, Barcelona, Spain, Sunday, 12 May 2013 Fernando Alonso (ESP) Ferrari and race winner Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Lotus F1 on the podium. Formula One World Championship, Rd1, Australian Grand Prix, Race, Albert Park, Melbourne, Australia, Sunday, 17 March 2013

Kimi Raikkonen will leave Lotus and make a sensational return to Ferrari in 2014, it was confirmed on Wednesday. It follows Tuesday’s news that Felipe Massa will exit the Italian team at the end of the year.

Raikkonen - who previously drove for Ferrari between 2007 and 2009, winning nine races and the 2007 drivers’ title - has signed a two-year deal with the Scuderia, ending intense speculation about his future.

The Finn will join Fernando Alonso, meaning that Ferrari will enter next season with an all-world champion line-up.

“I am really happy to be returning to Maranello where I previously spent three fantastic and very successful years,” Raikkonen told the Ferrari website. "I have so many memories of my time at Ferrari, memories which have stayed with me these past years, first and foremost, winning the world championship title in 2007, which was really unforgettable.

"I can’t wait to be driving a Prancing Horse car again and to reacquaint myself with so many people with whom I had such close links, as well as working with Fernando, whom I consider a great driver, in order to bring the team the success it deserves.”

Ferrari team principal, Stefano Domenicali, commented: “I am pleased to welcome Kimi back to the Scuderia, the team with which he won his world championship title. I sense he is very happy to be returning to Maranello and very determined to tackle the work that awaits him in the best way possible.”

Alonso echoed his team principal’s sentiments, saying: “I’d like to welcome my new travelling companion: together, starting next year, we will have to tackle a very demanding technical and racing challenge.”

Raikkonen left Formula One racing after his first stint with Ferrari came to an end, but returned to the sport in 2012 with Lotus, finishing an impressive third in the championship. He’s scored one victory so far this season and currently sits fourth in the drivers’ standings, 88 points behind championship leader Sebastian Vettel.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:09:50 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:18 PM »

An amazing race at the India F1 track today early..

No doubt that Seb Vettel is a once (or twice) in a lifetime driver.  His 4th Championship was secured today.  At first I did not like the sort-of smart ass German, but he has proven time and again that he is a true world champion driver.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 05:58:55 PM »
Gotta. Love a wise guy!
I enjoyed NASCAR at Martinsville today!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:05:08 PM by MadBob »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »

Vettel, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel.Vettel, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel,Vettel, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel, Vettel

Daynm, that 26 year old can drive....

Austin GP #1, the first three cars were kinda close and the 4th car was 27 seconds behind.

(there must me some unknown magic in those Red Bull cars)

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »

GG>-  One of the best races I have seen in quite some time, the one earlier today in Bahrain. 

Great wheel to wheel racing with almost no paint trading and a grand finish for Lewis Hamilton.  I have suspicious that Nico was obeying team orders and did not take the race to Lewis in the last few laps, it seemed obvious that Nico could have beat him.

And now on to a race in China..    It is strange seeing the Red Bull team so far back and the Force India cars competing and beating the Ferrari's.   But hey, that is racing.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »

Formula One Racing Pit Stops Then and Now

http://www.wimp.com/pitcomparison/

Apparently they learned a lot.

Offline GianniB

• Email
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
First post on this board, so pardon my not reading from thread #1.

I turn 60 this year, around race time, and for a birthday present, was looking to go to Austin in Oct/Nov for the race....well, seemingly, I need to take out a second mortgage to do so.  Tickets start at ~$250 for GenAdmin, ~$600 for Turn 1, and up to ~$1800 for Grandstands, 3 day  pass.  Parking pass another `$200-250.  Hotels are either no vacancy, except the Howard Johnson's @ $400+/night with a 3 night guarantee.

I know it's a 1% sport but REALLY???  It would be a once in a lifetime event, but I'm not sure I'll live long enough to afford it.

GB

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »
First post on this board, so pardon my not reading from thread #1.

I turn 60 this year, around race time, and for a birthday present, was looking to go to Austin in Oct/Nov for the race....well, seemingly, I need to take out a second mortgage to do so.  Tickets start at ~$250 for GenAdmin, ~$600 for Turn 1, and up to ~$1800 for Grandstands, 3 day  pass.  Parking pass another `$200-250.  Hotels are either no vacancy, except the Howard Johnson's @ $400+/night with a 3 night guarantee.

I know it's a 1% sport but REALLY???  It would be a once in a lifetime event, but I'm not sure I'll live long enough to afford it.

GB

It really is a spectacle.  That track (as are many others) is great for viewing even from the lawn seats.  While the paddock pass is pretty nifty, and the seats or boxes at a few of the GOOD corners are wonderful and the tour of the pits and all of that hoopla makes the event even better, the vibe and the track grounds at COTA are welcoming and user friendly.  Carry a good seat cushion with a back, wear some good walking shoes and go see a wonderful race, maybe we will see you there?

• Administrator
    • Email

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »

The BIGGEST news in F1 history at least in the last 5 years (excluding Michael's accident)...

Vettle leaves Red Bull
Alonso goes somewhere

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/10/16440.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++==++++++++++++++++++++++

Vettel to leave Red Bull after 2014; Kvyat to be promoted 04 Oct 2014

Sebastian Vettel will leave Red Bull at the end of the 2014 season, the team has confirmed.

The German joined the Milton Keynes-based squad ahead of the 2009 season and the combination has been the dominant force in Formula One ever since, with Vettel claiming four consecutive world championship crowns, 38 Grand Prix victories, and 44 poles over the past six seasons.

Red Bull also confirmed that Daniil Kvyat, who has impressed for sister team Toro Rosso during his rookie season this year, will be promoted to the main team alongside Daniel Ricciardo in 2015.

"Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the end of the 2014 season," a statement from Red Bull read.

“We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Infiniti Red Bull Racing for the last six years.

"As we wish Sebastian well in the next stage of his career, we also look to the future with excitement, as the vacancy makes way for the next generation of Red Bull racers.

"The Red Bull Junior Programme has developed some proven talents in recent times, including Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo, who has excelled in the RB10 and become a three-time Formula One race winner in his first season with the team.

"We're pleased to announce that Daniel will be joined in the team for 2015 by another rising star from the Junior Programme, Daniil Kvyat."

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner added: "I think [Vettel] reached a stage in his career where he fancied a new challenge, so that's his prerogative and like in any relationship, if someone's heart is not in it, then it's time to move on.

"It's the end of a cycle of course, but it's also the start of a new cycle: Daniel [Ricciardo] is doing a great job this year and has got three wins already – he shows the new strength we have coming through and we're excited about the prospect of Kvyat lining up with him. They're the next generation."

Vettel is expected to announce his future plans shortly.

His departure has massive significance in terms of the driver market. The 27-year-old has been widely tipped to move to Ferrari, with Fernando Alonso strongly linked with a switch back to McLaren.

Kvyat's promotion, meanwhile, means a seat will open up at Toro Rosso next year. Rookie Max Verstappen is already confirmed with the team for 2015.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:55:59 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2014, 04:04:59 PM »

F1 in Austin, TX this weekend..    Great race, great place.. 

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »

I'm fixin to watch qualifying..   Don't spoil it for me, it is DVR'd... 

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »

And Hamilton wins his second race at COTA..   

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2015, 05:40:59 AM »

Montreal is the game today.   Hamilton wins is my prediction.