Author Topic: So Kong Dong  (Read 1691 times)

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
So Kong Dong
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »
After all this dreary cool weather today I suggested we have lunch at So Kong Dong on Buford Hwy. I love their hot soups, still bubbling away as they bring them to the table. We both had tofu with vegetable dumpling soup. Wonderful with all the various sides and kimchee. Also the little fried fish was very tasty. My wife saw one guy behind us eating his bones and all. We came out of there after lunch all warm inside, ready to face the gloomy weather and we have some leftover soup for tomorrow.

Offline tanline

Re: So Kong Dong
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
My son and I ventured here last night.  Excellent Seafood Tofu Soup, good Galbi and our favorite place for Seafood Pa Jun (Pancake).  Empty restaurant last night...  Satisfying meal for a cold night.

geonuc

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
SKD is my favorite Korean place in town. The spicy tofu soup is great.

Offline Marmite Loving Euniculus

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »
I second Geo.

No Korean place in town does better hot molten lava soup. They also do a couple mean versions of the spicy cold noodles.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:28:16 PM by euniculus »

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 08:34:32 AM »
My Sister-in-Law was spending a couple of nights with us between business appointments here and we took her out last night to So Kong Dong. Good choice, the place was almost full but we had no trouble getting a table right away. The ladies that work the floor are so friendly and helpful. We had tofu and vegetable dumpling soup and a couple of the pancakes, seafood and kimchee. I loved the kimchee version, not so much the seafood. Lots of the usual little side dishes and we had a wonderful meal that was just perfect against this bitter weather. S-I-L was very impressed to say the least and I had leftover soup for breakfast this morning.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:17:06 AM by AndyBoy »