Author Topic: F1  (Read 12625 times)

Offline Corky

Re: F1
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 02:17:50 PM »

Practice in the rain at Hockenheim Germany today, I wish they had a couple days of practice in the dry weather so that they can improve some of the changes the factories have made to the cars. 

I just wish I could be in Hockenheim. Do you there might be some good bier and wursts?
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »

Practice in the rain at Hockenheim Germany today, I wish they had a couple days of practice in the dry weather so that they can improve some of the changes the factories have made to the cars. 

I just wish I could be in Hockenheim. Do you there might be some good bier and wursts?

Do you have tickets for the Austin Tx.  race in November, it is much, much closer.   

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »
What's a fan to do with all the spare time now that F 1 is on vaction for the next thirty days!?
"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress"
Ronald Reagan

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »
What's a fan to do with all the spare time now that F 1 is on vaction for the next thirty days!?

I have not seen this past weekend race, I will be watching it and rooting on the winner..   but then, like you I'll be relaxing waiting for the next race....

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »

Great race from Monza today.  I won't be a spoiler but let it be known that there was more passing than 2lbs of refried beans in that race..

The track is near Milan, is that where your family is from Jason?

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 03:08:15 PM »

Yes, the time draws near...

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »

I KNOW that none of you are clueless Americans, but here is an interesting link if you would like to watch the COTA race from Austin this weekend. 

http://jalopnik.com/5959331/how-to-watch-an-f1-race-if-youre-a-clueless-american?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_twitter&utm_source=jalopnik_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »

Though my wife and her aunt will be staying here at Casa Stock Norte while I am gone I leave for Austin in the early AM.  I am so pumped about the F1 race and have been treated to a musical evening by my son at The Rattle Inn near the hotel for an open bar, big music evening tomorrow night.  There are so many music venues going on this weekend in Austin that I don't have time right now to fill you all in.  But understand we are there for the race.   There are three music venues at the track itself and if I understand correctly we are invited to 3 after-race events by F1 tours (we booked our hotel and paddock pass through them).  I am way too anxious, I am way too pumped and may have to put those squid bodies away and eat a sandwich for dinner just to calm down.  I know most of you folks are NOT F1 geeks but I am and I have looked forward to this for a year or more.  Let me go open a bottle of Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer and settle down. 

My son will be flying into Austin late on Thursday and will be my companion for the weekend, I am blessed to have a boy-child that will put up with my antics and spend a weekend with me.  I also feel blessed to have CodePoet/Deanne as my wife and have her as my support team on these adventures.  Heck, I couldn't pack a suitcase or organize an adventure without her.  LOL

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:07 PM »

Though my wife and her aunt will be staying here at Casa Stock Norte while I am gone I leave for Austin in the early AM.  I am so pumped about the F1 race and have been treated to a musical evening by my son at The Rattle Inn near the hotel for an open bar, big music evening tomorrow night.  There are so many music venues going on this weekend in Austin that I don't have time right now to fill you all in.  But understand we are there for the race.   There are three music venues at the track itself and if I understand correctly we are invited to 3 after-race events by F1 tours (we booked our hotel and paddock pass through them).  I am way too anxious, I am way too pumped and may have to put those squid bodies away and eat a sandwich for dinner just to calm down.  I know most of you folks are NOT F1 geeks but I am and I have looked forward to this for a year or more.  Let me go open a bottle of Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer and settle down. 

My son will be flying into Austin late on Thursday and will be my companion for the weekend, I am blessed to have a boy-child that will put up with my antics and spend a weekend with me.  I also feel blessed to have CodePoet/Deanne as my wife and have her as my support team on these adventures.  Heck, I couldn't pack a suitcase or organize an adventure without her.  LOL

(this is a culinary term)  Holy Sheet---

I just cannot wait to put my fingers to work and describe our 4 days in Austin.  Thanks for putting up with me NOT being around for those days, I'll try and fix anything that went wrong (possibly FlyinBrian has not already fixed it)

What an inaugural race.  I would choose different seats if the seating arrangement is the same for the next race but it was just this-close to fantastic.   

The drivers love the track, it is both technical and the added feature of the BIG elevation change and those corners that are triple apexes make this (as it sits now) as one of the most formidable tracks built in the last 10 years.  I do understand the BE. has signed a 10 year contract with COTA (Circuit of the Americas) that built the track in Austin. 

Just wait till I give you a link to the pictures (that I really have not seen yet).

This track (for good or for bad) is going to change Austin from the home of Willy Nelson/live music capital of the country, to a venue for at least 6 possibly 9 HUGE weekends this coming year with 100's of thousands of visitors with $$$$ coming to town.  Damn I wish that when they were considering the Road Atlanta property for a possible F1 site that someone with their head on straight would have been in the bidding process.  This track will change the city of Austin in some of the ways that the 96 Olympic changed Atlanta.  Not all Austonian are "down with all that"..   Some still want to keep Austin "Weird"....  Actually they have t-shirts that say, "Keep Austin Weird". 

One funny thing in the F1 thread   (I hope there are more)...

They are PERHAPS naming the first corner at the Austin track (you have to see the layout to appreciate this)  The "Austin" corner because it is "High and to the Left"...   ;)

Offline Corky

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »

Not all Austonian are "down with all that"..   Some still want to keep Austin "Weird"....  Actually they have t-shirts that say, "Keep Austin Weird".

Does that fall into the category, "Vote Kinky for Governor"?
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »

Click on this for more F1 in Austin-Friday-Practice pictures

Here is Sir Jackie Stewart at our morning meeting.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »
Click on this for more Saturday Qualifying at Austin's COTA track pictures

Here are some pictures as I am done editing them from the F1 race.  This is Saturday and qualifying.. Hamilton was on the pole.

Watching Alonso whiz past where we were looking back at turn #1 and the tower.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:00:18 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2013, 01:02:14 AM »

Mr. you know who, is on pole for the race this morning (Sunday) in Australia. 

I good start to the season..

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »

The F1 crowd is in China this weekend, the Red Bull drama keeps going on, now they only put enough fuel in Webbers's car for him to qualify but not get back to the pits..  I'm thinking that is TEAM ORDERS, all the way.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2013, 08:50:11 AM »
Kinda like "Cheating"?, We ain't cheating, it made it around the track didn't it!
"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress"
Ronald Reagan

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.