Author Topic: Summits  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Summits
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:04:26 AM »

the annual Christmas breakfast is at 11am in Snellville today.  If I can drag my butt out I'll attend, but I'll not be drinking any morning or afternoon beer due to the antibiotics. 

Andy is giving a 10% discount on his "script" today, the Condors will be on sale...

I am very close to my first tier, (I'll get my own mug and everything), so after this chest cold has run it's course, I plan to finish up the qualifications for first tier by Christmas
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Summits
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

We had a very good Brunch/Breakfast with some very interesting (not always on the menu) things from Andy K. and his crew.

I'll fill more detail in later....

Good Chile Rellenos,

GG had NO BEER, while at Summits, trying to obey the package directions on my antibiotic...   :'(

Offline foodnearsnellville

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 06:09:02 PM »
Re: beer and GG..

That's too bad, as Summits has an *amazing* beer selection.

I have to admit not being entirely comfortable with their food yet. I think their sandwiches could use a heavier, crustier bread. If they got that I think I'd be eating a lot more sandwiches there.

FnS.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:44:48 PM »
Re: beer and GG..

That's too bad, as Summits has an *amazing* beer selection.

I have to admit not being entirely comfortable with their food yet. I think their sandwiches could use a heavier, crustier bread. If they got that I think I'd be eating a lot more sandwiches there.

FnS.

You are oh, so right.  The Tuna salad is way, way, killer btw... and they have several new sandwiches on the menu.

Well come join us at Summits.  Several folks that are members here have fallen by and been caught up in the fellowship ---   We eat and meet with The Snellville Beer Society..  we usually meet and drink & talk every Friday about 7..  We try (if we are attending) to get there at 6:30 and have a good talk with the folks before ordering beers and dinner.  Andy is a good host when he is there, and either Jimmy or Rachael is always there to keep your "passport" straight and to let you know what the newly opened kegs are.

I may not be there this Friday (or I could bail on dinner and be there?)...  it is a busy, busy weekend for us.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »
7pm is hard for me to do. I work in the Dunwoody area, and because of 285 traffic I have two choices in terms of times, to come in early or come in late. It's tended to late, and I couldn't make 7 on any regularity.  7:30 is possible and 8 quite doable.

FnS.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »
Well I did it.. I traveled through my first 100 (recorded) draught beers at Summits.. My Mug is ordered..

tonight's dinner was pretty fair.. we each had a sandwich, CP had a Philly Cheese steak with Mushrooms, I had a hot pastrami on rye.

Hers came with fries, mine came with just the best made-in-house potato chips you could ever want.  crisp, good-tasting, and not a bit of grease on the serving dish all the way to the end.

I polished off my last three beerz..  My 100th was Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere. 

Now I can sit at the adults table.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 07:36:08 AM »

Stopped in the Snellville location for an after shopping beer last night and enjoyed a MONSTER of a Reuben sandwich while my nephew had one of their "noodle bowl" creations.  I feel like each summit has their own specialties, whoever was in the kitchen last night could make a Reuben sandwich for me any time.  Piled high with made-in-house Corned beef, I mean HIGH, good kraut, good cheese and a tasty sourdough rye bread.  Too much sandwich on most days, but it hit the spot with a Terrapin Hopsecutioner IPA last night.  One more day of shopping and then I'm done. 

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »

THE RACHEL PASTRAMI REUBEN SANDWICH is a mess but it is a monster sandwich with terrific flavors.  I just love the house made jalapeno cole slaw on it and the enormity of it. 

Tonight they replaced my home cooking with one of these monsters and I'm glad..

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »

Wow, in celebration of their anniversary Summits will be tapping a keg each day at both locations. 

Some of them are beerz I have never had..   

Here is a link to the Snellville list.

http://www.summits-online.com/docs/Anniv-Snellville-Tableside.pdf

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »

My grand dad would have loved this place and so do I sometimes..   It was "all seats filled" at Summits tonight with folks standing in line and two extra servers on the floor.  The kitchen was kindof in the weeds but they kept pulling it out every 15 minutes or so and everyone got seated and served.  What a business.  Great draught beer, pretty good food and some regulars that we almost always see there that come to the table (or I go to theirs) and we shoot the bull, drink some beerz and eat some of What Summits do best.  I had 3 shrimp/Thai tacos that were way good.  The black beans were average to ordinary and the rice was unseasoned and well, a thing of rice.. 

CP had a chicken flatbread that was tasty (I got a bite of it) and we each had a refreshing beverage.  She had cider, I had a Black IPA..   Pretty good, not expensive, fairly loud but very bar-like, and GOOD..    Keep on doing it Summits..

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 03:57:48 AM »

A great place to drop into on St. Paddy's day for sure..  They advertised this "$2.16 for a plate of homemade corned beef, cabbage and mashed potatoes" and it really was a nice plate of food.  That (if you were so inclined) coupled with a Harp Ale or one of their premier Irish whiskeys was a good place to gather.  I/we did not gather as much as we (Farmer Cass and I) dashed in at the end of our delivery route on Thursday and ate.  It is a good (read that better) place to eat than it has been in years past and is one of our short-drive destinations for dinner.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »

Wonderful menu from Andy Summits Wayside Tavern on last Tuesday.      It was the best beer-paring dinner we have ever been to at Summits.. 

Welcome Beer

Chimay Bleue Grande Réserve abv 9.0% Rate Beer: 100
This is a beer whose fragrance of fresh yeast with a light, flowery rosy touch is especially pleasant. Its flavor, noticed when tasting it, only accentuates the pleasant sensations perceived in the aroma, while revealing a light but pleasant touch of roasted malt. This top fermented Trappist beer, refermented in the bottle, is not pasteurized.

Course One
Fresh mussels poached in a rich, red pepper broth and served with traditional Belgian style pommes frites and crusty baguettes

Served with Ballast Point Brewing Company Sea Rose Tart Cherry Wheat Ale abv 4.0%

Course Two
Belgian endive salad with pears and walnuts lightly coated with a bleu cheese, champagne-shallot dressing.

Served with Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer ROOD
abv 10.0% Rate Beer: 96

Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Rood is a strong blond beer that was launched in 2008 on the occasion of "10 years Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer Blauw." However, it contains more types of malt and three different kinds of herbs are added during the brewing process. Its bright golden color, high alcohol percentage and full and well-balanced taste make this ale a genuine source of vitality and power which will please even the most critical connoisseur.

Course Three
Braised rabbit and pork tossed with spring vegetables in a veal demi-glace and served over pappardelle pasta

Served with Wicked Weed Brewing Oblivion Sour Red Ale abv 8.7% Rate Beer: 98

Oblivion is a sour red ale aged with blackberries and dates in red wine barrels for approximately 8-10 months. This ale is then carefully blended to create depth and balance that will envelope you in its complexity.

Course Four
Home made Belgian waffle filled with French vanilla ice cream, Grand Marnier soaked strawberries, Nutella and granola

Served with Allagash Brewing Company Ganache abv 4.7%.
The liquid equivalent of biting into a raspberry-filled dark chocolate cake. Aromas suggesting mixed berry and roasty cocoa meld with flavor notes of raspberry, cherry, and subtle coffee. Even without the addition of chocolate, Ganache gains its cocoa notes from a robust grain bill featuring Special B, caramel malt, raw wheat, oats, our 2-row base malt, Midnight wheat, and black malt. This dark burgundy-colored beer is fermented in stainless with both our house yeast and Brettanomyces claussenii before aging on fresh, local raspberries.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »
I eat here fairly regularly these days, usually at lunch and usually a Tuesday or Wednesday. On weekends my wife has us do lunch near Snellville but she favors First Watch.

FnS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 01:10:47 AM »
I eat here fairly regularly these days, usually at lunch and usually a Tuesday or Wednesday. On weekends my wife has us do lunch near Snellville but she favors First Watch.

FnS

We eat there sometimes once a month, usually on Friday..  I like it well enough, much better food lately..