Author Topic: Zeigler's BBQ  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
Zeigler's BBQ
« on: November 16, 2012, 09:05:11 AM »
http://www.zeiglersbbq.com/
3451 Cobb Parkway  Acworth, GA 30101
(770) 529-5227

How is this place not more talked about? I went yesterday for lunch. Got the 2 meat plate. Ribs and pulled pork. It's probably the best BBQ i've had here in Atlanta. Probably by a long shot. The ribs were tender, juicy and nicely smoked with great flavor. The pulled pork was moist and smokey, again with great flavor. The sauce is fantastic. It's a hybrid tomato/vinegar base, labelled "apple bourbon". It's not sweet and it's not overly vinegary. It's fantastic.

Sides were also great. Spicy corn nuggets and beans.

It's far from just about everything, which may explain the lack of mentions:)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Zeigler's BBQ
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »
I had heard conflicting views on the sides, so I went all meat--and a lot of it. Yes, the meat itself was possibly the best in Atlanta. Not sure any stood out above the rest--but that's a good thing, all were great. Though I did sample some of the kids fries, which pretty much sucked, I will certainly mix in some sides with meat after meat, after meat next time,
Sexy man gives quick restaurant tips for northern 'burbs https://www.tastemade.com/@fatdude

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
I thought the corn fritters were delicious. Beans good too. I'll try other sides, but the meats were just outstanding. Will try the brisket next time. I'm usually scared of brisket since it's not done very well normally.

Offline Chocoholic

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:21 AM »
A little late to this post, but a question: Are the ribs cut St. Louis style?  Looks like it in the picture.

I'm spoiled on the baby-back cut which is more popular in Memphis, and doesn't have the extra cartilage or toughness.  If these are St. Louis style, do they cook them to the point at which they're no longer tough?  It's just a pet peeve of mine.   ;D

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »
Yes, they are st. louis style. They are tender, but not mushy fall off the bone tender.

Actually, if i remember they aren't even st. louis cut. They are full spare ribs with the riblet still attached.

I went back and got ribs and brisket. Brisket also delicious. Very moist and flavorful. My favorite is the pulled pork and ribs though.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 08:02:26 AM »
JM may be one of the few folks who can get me to make a special trip to Acworth...

Stopped in yesterday for lunch and went all-out with the 3 meat combo (1/4 chicken, brisket, ribs) with green beans and and spicy corn nuggets.

My ribs were full spare ribs, not St. Louis cut.  Nice smoke, really moist, probably the perfect balance of being tender but NOT totally falling off the bone (but not fighting coming off the bone at all).  Brisket had a really good bark, sliced very thin (maybe a little too thin for me), and the dark meat chicken was a winner with a bunch of smoke, very moist inside, and reasonably crispy skin.

The Green beans were uneventful (needed more pig essence) and the spicy corn nuggets where creamy (a bit of a surprise) and nicely spicy and something I'd get again.

I can say that the really sweet bourbon inspired sauce was a little too sweet for me.  The spicy sauce is just the same base sauce with a little heat.  Not bad, just very sweet.

All in all, I think this place is indeed a winner.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:30:23 PM by Barnum »

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
I'm glad the drive was worth it...i was sweating for a second there.
Agree...the green beans are meh...