Author Topic: Rumi's Kitchen  (Read 1252 times)

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
Rumi's Kitchen
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:29:31 AM »
Met my wife and one of her friends for lunch Saturday and it was interesting. We started with a yogurt based appetizer and this freshly baked pita that was delicious. I had lamb shanks and was surprised when they brought out 2 of them and a big plate of 2 different kinds of basmati rice and fava beans. My meal was good but not great. Wife got rice and this eggplant puree that was really rich, too much so I thought. Friend had the best entree, Cornish game hen with a wonderful lemon flavor, it was really delicious. I enjoyed it and had enough leftovers for another meal at supper but really thought the prices were pretty steep for lunch. Personally I think the buffet at Persepolis further down Roswell is better and a better value. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.rumiskitchen.com/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 11:20:46 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
Re: Rumi's Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 12:12:29 PM »
Last Saturday FG and I were in a Mediterranean kind of mood, so we stopped at Rumi's for lunch.  It's almost a different experience at lunch compared to nighttime when it can get a little (or a lot) crazy.  With no one inside the place looks huge.  They still make you valet unfortunately, no matter what time it happens to be.

We had their version of hummus called Rumi's dip, okay but far from the best in town, too light on the lemon and garlic.  My two koobideh kabobs were plenty for lunch, and quite tasty.  The lamb sliders were even better, like mini gyros with a wonderfully creamy tzatziki sauce.  Hot tea to end it is a nice civilized touch.  If you can get past the awful traffic on Roswell Rd, it's a good lunch option.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline baconwrappedrob

• Bacon Wrapped Rob
Rumi's Kitchen
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »
Has anybody else been to Rumi's Kitchen?  I didn't see a thread on it so I thought I'd start one.  Anyway, it's awesome!  It's a small Persian restaurant on Roswell Road just norht of the perimeter.  I've gone several times in the last few months becuase it's just so addicting.  My favorite dishes are the beef kabobs and lamb kabobs.  The portions are really big, and the leftovers the next day are great!

Service wise they are overly attentive to the point where you feel like you are getting rushed.  But other than that, its fine.  If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to dinner, the Lunch menu is a great deal!  They offer several of the dinners during lunch for about 75% of the price.  And they arent nearly as crowded for lunch.

Bottom line, this is a place you should try.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:13:07 AM »

285foodies Event - experiences at a Persian restaurant in Sandy Springs. 

I'll add to this report on the food during the day today..  suffice it to say the food was very good, my lamb shank was huge but I did justice to eating it, a bit tame on the spice side but really tender and plenty of it. my rice was good too, it was better by adding a bit of the shared trio of Mast Mousir (a yogurt trio) in dabs to the rice. Our end of the table also shared Kashk Bedenjoon (sauted eggplant with crispy onions and things).  dewdropper also shared her lamb sliders around (she ordered them without the bun and they were delicious that way).  I think the other end of the table also got the lamb sliders and yogurt trio.  We were pleased that 9 board members and one guest showed up on the VERY rainy night that Sunday 2/10.  A short toast was had for folks with us and not.  We hope to put together more of these events in 2013 than last year, I truly enjoy them.

Service was great with Doug our server doing a fine job with 10 of us at three tables pushed together longways. I know that restaurants being noisy is supposed to be an "in" thing right now but the sound level at peak time at the restaurant precluded talking the length of the table and somewhat even across the table, it worked out fine and I think everyone enjoyed the experience, but a quieter place (or some sort of noise dampener there) would have been more enjoyable to my older ears.   

more on this later....   

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:17:53 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline mikeinatl

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:36 AM »
I have eaten here twice and I must say that both of my experiences were top notch.  The food was excellent and the service is great.  I think they train their people very well as everyone is very attentive, friendly and helpful.