Author Topic: Places to eat near Fulton County Superior Courthouse?  (Read 4637 times)

Offline Chocoholic

• Email
Re: Places to eat near Fulton County Superior Courthouse?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »
The dime dropped - here at jury duty. Brought some smoked sausages along in case I get assigned to a room - mebbe if I eat while they're grilling us, they'll kick me out. At least there's wi-fi.

We were at the courthouse on the same day last week.  Sorry I missed you.  I did notice an unusually high number of people wandering around with the "Juror" stickers on.

That said, I never eat near the courthouse when I am downtown.  Rosa's would be the closest choice for me, but I would think it would be a hike.  (I could be wrong--I am horrendously "directionally challenged.")

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
Rosa's is about a 10 min brisk walk (or a 15 min hobble) from the complex. Head north to Underground, cut across it to Peachtree, keep going north to Marietta (where the big Coke sign is), then west a block and north 2.

Offline loveATL

• Email
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »
Since Obama failed to declare the day after the Super Bowl a national holiday I the privilege of doing my civic duty and showing up for jury duty.  Any lunch spot updates since the last post??

Offline gwilson

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »
If you have the time, Sweet Auburn Curb Market is definitely the best bet as far as quality/variety.  Close second would be Broad Street, which has Rosa's Pizza, Ali Baba, Naan Stop, and Dua Vietnamese.  There's also a Rising Roll on Peachtree across the street from Starbucks where the far end of Broad Street dead ends.  I'd say Broad & the Curb Market are about equal walking distance, though I'm not positive about that.

A block past Broad street at the corner of Fairlie and Poplar is Slice pizza.  Decent pizza (more of a crispy crust than Rosa's).  But their soups are surprisingly good, especially to be a pizza place.

At the corner of Central and Decatur, there is a trailer called Grab N Go that serves wings and hot dogs.  The food is good; it was in my regular rotation at school.  Although being a trailer, they have no seating.

At GSU, there is an Einstein Bagel's and a fairly decent stirfry place on the bottom floor of the University Center, and a Chick Fil A (and other places I wouldn't really recommend) on the second floor of the Student Center.  (If you want specific directions, let me know. You can also get $1 popcorn at the theater there.  http://www.gsu.edu/cinefest They're showing Argo next week.)

And if you really have time, you could drive up Marietta to the West End places like 5 Seasons, or a little bit further to Carver's (which would be my choice).

-Greg
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:56:48 PM by gwilson »

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »
So, I am now doing my civic duty, and thanks to this thread have eaten at Rosa's twice, and it was really good.  Better when I ate there on Monday, rather than when I hoofed it back to the courthouse when there were no seats on Tuesday, the crust was softer and not crisp like the first day.

That being said, I think I have at least 3 more days, so I was going to try and book it over to the Sweet Auburn Curb Market tomorrow for Bells or Grindhouse, is there anything else that should be on my radar?

Thanks!

Dan

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
So, out of 4 days of trial, I had Rosa's x2, which was great, Grindhouse at Sweet Auburn which was great, and Mama Mia's, which was not so great.

Grindhouse is a hike though, I went at a pretty good pace and it still took me about 15-20 just to get there, then another 10 minutes or so to cook my food, so I really cut it close being back in an hour.  Rosa's was really a perfect distance (10-15 minutes) and I thought it was really good.