Author Topic: The Local Republic in Lawrenceville, Ga  (Read 877 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
The Local Republic in Lawrenceville, Ga
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »

Terrific lunch there today with top notch service, excellent meals and (this next is out of the ordinary) I shared a dessert with B.J.C. Supereater.  I just had to try the cheesecake with the bacon graham cracker crust.

I had the "special" which was a fabulous but HUGE Ostrich sandwich and a side of shrimp bisque.  The bisque was a bit sweet for me, but the sandwich was terrific with a bunch of layers of flavors going on and that thinly sliced sautéed ostrich (plenty of ostrich) was plenty tasty.

B.J.C. had a burger cooked perfectly with plenty-o-bacon, blue cheese and good condiments.  Though he loves Flips burgers he rated his burger today as one of his best ever.  He had the The Bruiser it is described as a Cajun spiced blackened burger with English stilton blue cheese and bacon that will beat your mouth black and blue. A little French, a little English and a whole lotta kick ass American.

We did talk to the chef and asked if the owners Ben and Beth Bailey were there, we did get a chance to talk to Chef Scott Smith for a bit and let him know our meal today was right on.

http://thelocalrepublic.com/

225 w Crogan St | 678.205.4782

Mon 11am-9pm
Tue-Thu 11am–10pm
Fri-Sat 11am–11pm
Closed Sun
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:47:14 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline gwilson

Re: The Local Republic in Lawrenceville, Ga
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
Finally on a significant break from school, so I can get caught up on all the places I've been.

I've been here twice, the first time with my Dad for lunch a couple of months ago.  I believe my Dad had fish tacos, which he really liked.  We both had the soup of the day, chicken and dumpling, which was incredible.  I love it when the dumplings actually have flavor/seasoning, instead of just tasting like globs of cooked dough.

I also stopped by this past Saturday night for a snack and a glass of wine.  They were pretty busy, so I sat at the bar and had great service.  Wish I could remember the name of the bartender to give her due credit (and she was quite cute too).  They have a pretty good wine list and a great selection of beers.  I had eaten dinner, but still wanted a little something and their soup of the day, roasted tomato, sounded good to me.  I was right - it was very good, though not as good as that chicken and dumpling.

It's kind of funny.  On the way home, I was thinking about the dinner at Cakes & Ale (that's next on the write-up list).  It was so good, and it made me wish that there was a place like it where you could get good food with a good wine list.  And I fortunately remembered about Local Republic.  I'm so glad that they have opened to fill that void.

-Greg

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: The Local Republic in Lawrenceville, Ga
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »

We had a great lunch at LR today.  I had then new Duck-duck-goose sandwich with chopped duck duck bacon, and a smear of foie gras, with red onion, tomato and lettuce.  My sandwich was absolutely delicious.  Cooked to order (medium rare please) with a side of their wilted garlic spinach and a great beer.  Terrific.   

Deanne had a smoked salmon pastrami sandwich, I'll let her tell you about it....

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:24:27 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.