Author Topic: Hibachi Buffet in Snellville  (Read 892 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Hibachi Buffet in Snellville
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:38 PM »

Where the old Atlantic Seafood Buffet was.

2059 Scenic Hwy # 117
Snellville, GA 30078
770-985-1388

No Facebook page and no current website..

Dern good inexpensive lunch.  Everything fresh, good mussels, good shrimp, fair calamari, no oysters.

I stuck with seafood and veggies for my late lunch in there, with a nice pot of hot tea it was around $8.00

I am a sucker for these buffets once in a while, they Chinese green beans were great, the bok choy was too, the one fried shrimp I had was more tempura than heavily coated.  I'll go back every once in a while, next time I'll take pictures.

They specialize in "make your own" hibachi and they do have three guys making sushi, most of it rolls, but I did pick up one chunk of Himachi that was cut right and fresh tasting.  I didn't do hibachi, and avoided the desert tables. 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:39:19 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline shoeshine boy

Re: Hibachi Buffet in Snellville
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 07:25:28 AM »
most buffets scare me due to poor health inspections. what was their rating?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:22:43 AM »
most buffets scare me due to poor health inspections. what was their rating?

Grand opening week, I look at them too..

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline foodnearsnellville

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:15:47 PM »
Went there yesterday, based on Mike's report above. Spoke with staff, as some of the waitresses I recall from Atlantic.

They're pretty adamant that  there is new ownership and new direction. I recall that whole restaurants are for sale in NYC, that they're a commodity in that market, especially pitched to Chinese immigrants, legal or otherwise, coming in thru NYC (this is all documented in Jennifer 8 Lee's book).

In the smallest towns in Texas these days, the one restaurant that is a staple is a Chinese buffet. I saw plenty driving into Oklahoma a year ago with my dad.

The entrances and exits were changed, the arrangement of tables with food are different, the ice cream dispensers have been replaced by small cups of ice cream, the quality is markedly improved from the last days of Atlantic seafood. Hopefully the model the new owners have set up is more sustainable than Atlantic's. I loved eating there but the fresh grilled LA style short ribs couldn't have been cheap to provide.

FnS.