Author Topic: Gu's Bistro  (Read 950 times)

Offline tansu

• Japanese interiors
    • Email
Gu's Bistro
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:48 AM »
My Thanksgiving guest cancelled, so to Gu's I go.

" I think my parents decide to open for
dinner (starts 4:30pm) on Thanksgiving since this is Gu's first
Thanksgiving. If it's slow, we might close for this holiday next year. Have
a nice holiday!

Thank you,
Yvonne"

Offline Milt

• Email
Re: Gu's Bistro
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »
We finally got to Gu's Bistro last Thursday evening.  It was very enjoyable (for me).  I had the Stuffed Tofu with Seafood - which was the best dish we ordered even though all were good.  My son ordered Cumin Lamb and seemed very pleased.  I certainly enjoyed my taste of it.  My wife chose Kung Pao Chicken, which was also enjoyed.  Our daughter had a dish which sounded similar to Mongolian Beef - beef with scallions and onions - which is her standard go to Chinese choice.

Our son, who now lives in Chamblee, will be bringing friends to Gu's in the future.  He has been discovering the delights of Buford Highway since moving south from Norcross.  On the way to his house, we stopped at Sweet Hut (which he described as a Vietnamese Starbucks) and bought an assortment of pastries.  He says we were fortunate to arrive late on a weeknight because we could find a table - which is near impossible on weekends.  Everything we bought was reasonable priced and tasty.

Offline nelu

Re: Gu's Bistro
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
 I recently went back to Gu's. As always I enjoyed the food. I had the fried eggplant, boneless tea smoked duck, green beans. I wish they pay more attention to the service. Very slow. Several times i had to flagged them down for basic things. The place was full for a wednesday, but as their popularity grows they need to take service more seriously.