Author Topic: Grand Champion BBQ  (Read 4572 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Grand Champion BBQ
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »

Wow. Both the editors and the popular vote rated this place #1 in all of the metro for ribs.

http://blogs.ajc.com/best-of-big-a/2011/11/07/best-ribs/?cxntfid=blogs_best_of_big_a

I know we have always loved them ever since GC first opened.

I have to get over there, let these tryptophans (or is that a myth), finish their job making me drowsy, and let the leftover overload subside from this huge day of Thanksgiving, and I am SURE I'll be there doing my own kind of taste-test as part of the Baaaaaa crowd.   

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »
GC finally opened in crabapple.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 12:03:24 AM »
Got to try out the new Crabapple location.  Smaller than the original, but I like the layout.  Placed my order online, which was pretty darn convenient.  It was ready for pick up in like 15 min.  Based on recommendations on here at 285foodies, I ordered the brisket and asked for it moist.  I guess I'm just not a fan of their brisket because it still seem dry to me and it was sliced fairly thin.  For my personal taste buds, I think that Spiced Right is where it's at and it's not even close.   Also ordered the ribs.  I really love how they were tender without falling apart.  Very good flavor to them.   Neither meat was particularly smokey, but I was okay with it.  Of course my wife and daughter split the mac and cheese.  I came so close to ordering the beef rib, but wanted to give the brisket another try based on some feedback here.  Overall, the family was thumbs up on dinner.  Really want to try the beef rib next time though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:11:53 AM by Larkemon »

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 08:20:25 AM »
QC BBQ in the old 9 spot on Canton should clean up!  BBQ, Bourbon, Live Music and that prime location.  Congrats to Gregory, Robert and the crew!!