Click here for Restaurant.com  -  $25 Restaurant.com Gift Cards for $15.

Author Topic: Graft restauran in Grayson Georgia  (Read 650 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Graft restauran in Grayson Georgia
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »

Deanne and I had brunch/late lunch a couple-a-times over this long holiday week just past.   Our brunch at graft was a great introduction to a new place on our radar and a go-to place it seems for those nights I am not cooking and we want fresh, local food prepared with care.  We had the joy of having Mike Carlone as our server and having the owner (also bartender/chef) Ashley Clemence serve us some fantastic Bloody Mary's with their own pickled onions/olives in her house blended mix.  We have been hunting for a place this side of New Orleans that has a stand-out Eggs Benedict and we found one, they make them several ways depending on the season.  Deanne's was a lightly fried chicken-on house made biscuit Benedict and she claims it rivals anything that Stanley on Jackson square can serve up, hey, that is enough praise for me.  I did the traditional with house cured ham, and freshly made holandaise sauce, it was delicious with the egg cooked to order.

http://graftrestaurant.com/

516 Grayson Parkway
Grayson, GA 30017

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:17:17 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline foodnearsnellville

Re: Graft restauran in Grayson Georgia
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:42:03 AM »
Just went there for dinner on the basis of this recommendation (and Mike's ranking on US). Liked it a lot. Only comparables from Lilburn to Lawrenceville appear to be Three Blind Mice and Local Republic, in terms of culinary ambition. The vegetable selection reminds me a lot of Top Flr.

FnS

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »

We were there today for lunch again it was really good.  Ashley was in the kitchen and doing triple duty as usual, there was a small but hungry crowd there when we got there before noon.  I had the brisket burger and hand-cut fries ( I  don't usually get fries ), and a bowl of the daymn good gumbo.  The cup (lunch serving size) of gumbo tasted like it was right out of any good New Orleans, Bourbon Street restaurant, the right spice, the right thickness and so good on this chilly, windy day. 

We saw Finch Creek Farm making a delivery there and stopped to talk to the owner Cass Fraunfelder for a minute checking to see what things he has on tap for our CSA this spring/summer.  It is good to see them sourcing the veggies from a place that is a 15 minute drive from the restaurant. 

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:22:08 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline foodnearsnellville

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
I've been here for dinner,  lunch, and brunch, and I've had good to great meals every time. This spot is a real gem.

FnS.