Author Topic: Fork In The Road  (Read 963 times)

Offline shoeshine boy

Fork In The Road
« on: January 04, 2013, 08:41:55 AM »
went by Northlake Mall last night and noticed that the old Farrell's/Crescent Moon/Can't Remember the Last Name location is now open as Fork In The Road, Chicken and Tap. looks pretty much like sports bar with some interesting wing flavors including one with ghost chilis. sadly they (probably because it's completely new owners) aren't offering the old Crescent Moon chicken burger. anybody been yet?

Offline Minerva

Re: Fork In The Road
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »
Yes, my brother lives five minutes from there and we've gone with him. The pressure-fried chicken was a huge hit and there are a number of interesting dipping sauces available. We tried five or six of them and were very happy.
Sorry I can't recall details as it was a while back, but I do remember everyone at our table was very happy with the food. And that doesn't happen often.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline waynehoobler

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »
We were recently here and were quite pleased.  Wife got a salad, added on gyro meat for $2 so that we could make gyro's with it later, and I had the po-boy.  Po-boy was as good as other po-boys I've had around town.

I have family in the area that has eaten here a bit.  We all expect it to suck but come away pleasantly surprised.  Good place for a picky crowd, kids meals portions are large too.

I'm entirely unable to figure out: who owns this place, is anything (other than the fried chicken) really cooked up 'authentically' in-house (i.e are all of the sides pre-made by sysco, or do they make some of them in-house?). 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:06:45 PM by waynehoobler »

Offline Minerva

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »
I believe the owner is a nice young Asian American guy who came by the table at our request to be complimented on the food we had just scarfed down. Can't vouch for the "housemade-ness" of everything but do know the sauces are.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »
I stopped there for lunch today. I ordered the 1 piece fried chicken breast with wing attached and fries. $5.99 can't beat the price, and fries. Out came a breast and a leg fries and slaw. I asked the server about the wing and she came back with another breast saying they were out of wings. Good for me! I took the leg and breast to go. The fries are delicious and suprisingly the roll was very good, kinda sweet. I wrapped the chik in foil and went to see Zero Dark Thirty at the Northlake Movie Tavern. $6.00 for seniors.  Very good movie.

On the way out, I looked at some tables and everyone I saw had togo boxes for their lunch.
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:30:25 AM »
I answered my own question with a visit on Sunday night and I must say, I'm very impressed. we had no idea when we walked in at 8:30 that they closed at 9:00 on Sundays. you'd never know it by the service. not only was our server super friendly to us but she was also outstanding (from what I could hear) to the table behind us that walked in at 8:59. we started with some fried mushrooms with horseradish sauce. they obviously came out fresh from the kitchen because they were extremely hot! these mushrooms are much bigger than the frozen ones that you typically see so they must be doing them fresh in the kitchen.
for entrees we got chicken tenders and at the suggestion of our server, buffalo-style chicken thighs half in Thai dyed sauce (very hot) and half in a West Indies citrus sauce that isn't listed on their online menu but that was easily my favorite. the chicken tenders were fine but the thighs! they were some kind of appetizer special according to our server. something like 10 pieces for $4.99 we added a side item for $1 and this turned out to be a real bargain! the chicken was juicy and full of flavor. I really appreciated that the thighs were boneless too. throughout the entire meal we were never rushed out even though it was well after closing. we will definitely be back and if the food quality remains the same it will no doubt make it into our regular rotation!