Author Topic: Fig Jam  (Read 354 times)

Offline Elijah Snow

Fig Jam
« on: February 17, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »

Four of us tried to go to Holeman & Finch last night, but the wait at 6:50 was an hour and a half. Looking on OpenTable for another option, I came across Fig Jam, which I'd never heard of. We made a quick reservation and headed over.

This place is not bad. We shared a bunch of small plates. Probably the best was the short rib sliders, which were really very good. My sister enjoyed the mussels special. None of the plated desserts sounded interesting, so we all ended up ordering from the much more intriguing list of gelatos. Perhaps my experience was clouded by the fact that we tried Fig Jam as a second choice, but it really seems to me like a poor man's H & F. It's trying, and the menu isn't bad, but there's nothing really intriguing and the food is a bit uneven. I wish the service had been a tad more friendly, but like I said, I'm comparing it to one of my two or three favorite restaurants in the city. We could probably use more second-rate versions of Holeman & Finch. I'll be interested to see what others think.