Author Topic: Crooked Tree Cafe - Vinings  (Read 801 times)

Offline Barnum

Crooked Tree Cafe - Vinings
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
I've been by 3-4 times now for breakfast (Saturday only) and Lunch.

They took over the doomed Vermont Mustard Company space and, I suspect, will also struggle with limited parking and Marlow's.  The good news is that everything I've had has been fantastic.  He gets his bread from H&F, gets some of his deli meats from Patak's, and creates some downright outstanding boutique bbq (my term).  The brisket that is brined, smoked and sliced thin, very lightly sauced, then put on an H&F roll with a fried egg is a fantastic breakfast sandwich.  Today had a pulled short rib sandwich with pickled onions and a side of braised red cabbage that couldn't have been better.  Talking to the guy behind the counter (owner), it sounds like he's worked a number of kitchens around Vinings and around town and this is his baby.  If you're in the neighborhood, give him a try... I'd like him to have good business and be there for when I run to Home Depot on the weekends!  I guess it's a good sign that he's doing a lot of catering and is now staying open long enough to provide an early dinner option (closes at 7pm).

Crooked Tree Cafe
2355 Cumberland Pkwy SE
Atlanta 30339
(770) 333-9119
http://crookedtreecafe.com/
https://www.facebook.com/crookedtreecafe

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:39:15 PM by Barnum »

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
Re: Crooked Tree Cafe - Vinings
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
Thanks! I'm going to have to try this place out. I didn't know anything else had opened in the space.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
Stopped in again today.  This is just down the road from the Vinings Home Depot, so an easy stop for me on Saturdays.  Had the special:  smoked turkey wrap that was fantastic.  lots of chunky smokey turkey, Gouda, a local green I'm not familiar with... tatsoi?, and segments of orange with a light touch of their slightly spicy vinegar based sauce.  I find very few wraps I like, mostly just dense and dry, but this one was a perfect balance and I didn't leave a bite.  I tried a new side, his Brunswick stew that is non-traditional, not overly thick, and very smokey and rich with very little sweet influence.

Please try this place and tell me if I'm crazy for liking it so much.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:25:29 PM by Barnum »

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 12:06:28 PM »
I popped in for lunch a few weeks ago.  I asked the owner where I should begin and he suggested the pork sandwich.  It was excellent.  H&F bread, good smokey pork, and some different sides.  This has been added to my shortlist of places.  I am definitely a fan.

-B