Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 144586 times)

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #780 on: January 11, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
Taco Linda Vista on 9 and Holcombe Bridge.  I think it just opened.  Anyone been?   There is a new sign for $1.99 breakfast burrito.  I may have to explore next week.

So many great real Mexican places along that stretch, so they have to be good to survive. Had my eye on them myself, but alas website still consists of just a placeholder.
Sexy man gives quick restaurant tips for northern 'burbs https://www.tastemade.com/@fatdude

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #781 on: January 28, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »
Mambo's Cafe announced on Facebook today that they will re-open on February 4th. They closed their Haynes Bridge location in Alpharetta last year. New digs are on Windward near Main Street, kinda between Lowe's and Ippolito's.

And don't confuse these guys with Mambo Jambo, which is just down the street.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #782 on: February 01, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »
I remember reading somewhere--perhaps here, that in the old North of New Orleans, better remembered as the long-time location of the Roswell Kitchen, a fish camp was going to open there. I have not been that way in a while. Does anyone know if it opened? If you've been, post a review on said section if you'd be so kind.
Sexy man gives quick restaurant tips for northern 'burbs https://www.tastemade.com/@fatdude

Offline Magistus

« Reply #783 on: February 03, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »
I remember reading somewhere--perhaps here, that in the old North of New Orleans, better remembered as the long-time location of the Roswell Kitchen, a fish camp was going to open there. I have not been that way in a while. Does anyone know if it opened? If you've been, post a review on said section if you'd be so kind.

Still supposedly opening in the spring, is the understanding I have from the landowner as of January 25th.

Offline FlyinBrian

« Reply #784 on: February 16, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »
Update...
The Landmark Diner folks will be opening a place called Cosmopolitan in the old Spaghetti Warehouse on Delk road in Marietta.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:03:36 PM by FlyinBrian »

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #785 on: February 16, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
Drove by Ricky's Fish Camp- paper sign in the window and looks like some work going on.

Around the bend is the Mill restaurant, which is also undergoing construction- peaked in and it appeared they're getting close to opening.

The Irish place on Canton Street is hard to miss with its bright red facade.  Brown paper covering the window so difficult to see how far they have progressed.

Looks like it is going to be a very nice spring-summer for Roswell restaurants.

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
« Reply #786 on: February 16, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »

Around the bend is the Mill restaurant, which is also undergoing construction- peaked in and it appeared they're getting close to opening.

From the Mill's Facebook Page: "Just two more days....we open on Monday, February 18 for dinner only. On February 25, we will add lunch service, and brunch will be available starting March 3. We can't wait to meet you all!"

DH and I really like the Chicken and The Egg, their other restaurant. We plan to check out the Mill in a few weeks.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #787 on: February 16, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
Drove by Ricky's Fish Camp- paper sign in the window and looks like some work going on.

The Irish place on Canton Street is hard to miss with its bright red facade.  Brown paper covering the window so difficult to see how far they have progressed.

Looks like it is going to be a very nice spring-summer for Roswell restaurants.

New Urban Roswell reported Mac McGee was going to open last week, but these things NEVER happen on time. They also say Borocco is opening soon where Wildflour was originally. They are generally good at reporting the scheduled opening dates--which generally are at least a week or two before the actual ones.

Offline Minerva

« Reply #788 on: February 18, 2013, 05:44:39 AM »

New Urban Roswell reported Mac McGee was going to open last week, but these things NEVER happen on time. They also say Borocco is opening soon where Wildflour was originally. They are generally good at reporting the scheduled opening dates--which generally are at least a week or two before the actual ones.

Borocco is just waiting for its alcohol license. That hearing is in early March. Will have tapas in addition to Italian menu.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:20:05 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #789 on: February 18, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »
New crepe place opened in East Cobb in the shuttered TCBY plaza.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #790 on: March 12, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »

Bhojanic coming to Buckhead. 

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #791 on: March 28, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »
Guy Wong opening two more restos (in addition to the beloved Miso Izakaya and the long-in-development Yum Bunz with Chow Baby's Mike Blum): Big Boss Chinese (Cantonese and dim sum) in downtown Decatur (WOOT says this downtown Decaturite) which will be helmed part time by Wong but chiefly by Wong's uncle who he's bringing over from China, and TON TON Ramen + Yakitori Bar in Inman Park's Krog Street Market, which will specialize in Wong's take on ramen that he originated at Miso.

Sourced from Decatur Metro and Tomorrow's News Today.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #792 on: March 29, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »

GG>-  Here is something I snipped from FB,   We are going to have a new brewpub near Emory....

Crawford Moran
It's official, I am opening a new brewpub! Slice & Pint We'll be making hand crafted pizza and hand crafted beers. We ordered the brewing equipment yesterday and picked up the keys to the place. It's over in Emory Village. Lots of hard work ahead - lots of fun too. Stay tuned.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #793 on: April 01, 2013, 07:12:58 AM »
I thought we knew about this already? it's taking over the old Everybody's space.

Offline Chocoholic

• Email
« Reply #794 on: April 01, 2013, 02:11:18 PM »
So, again, this has been reported elsewhere, but I am excited to announce that East Cobb is one step further from being chain hell.  The Muss & Turner's and Local Three guys will be opening Common Quarter in the old Chepe's space.  I hope that third time's a charm on that space, because it hasn't been that kind to recent restaurants.  But then again, Seed is not exactly front and center in its shopping center and is still humming along.

And that reminds me, I'm also looking forward to the Seed crew opening Stem Wine Bar next door to the resto sometime in the next few months.