Author Topic: Coming Soon.....  (Read 144417 times)

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
Re: Coming Soon.....
« Reply #765 on: August 17, 2012, 10:07:15 AM »
Pure Taqueria is opening in Roswell- Alpharetta Hwy and Crabapple (across from the old cemetery).

You mean Alpharetta hwy & Woodstock?  Either way good to know.

Yes on Highway 9 just north of Woodstock- across from Thumbs Up and that burger place.  They were out there working by 8 this AM.

We went a couple of times to the Alpharetta location but the parking and seating were so frustratingly limited we never bothered to go back.  Hope this new location is a little roomier with better parking.  We liked their food and service.

Was told yesterday that they will open on 9/17. Looks like they've still got some work to do... so we'll see.

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #766 on: August 28, 2012, 03:00:58 PM »
Vin25 Bisto and Wine Bar is slated to open today in the spot occupied by Mittie's Tea Room- 25 Plum Street right off of Canton in Roswell's historic district.  Don't know much more....

Offline mikeinatl

« Reply #767 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »
Vin25 Bisto and Wine Bar is slated to open today in the spot occupied by Mittie's Tea Room- 25 Plum Street right off of Canton in Roswell's historic district.  Don't know much more....

Had dinner there last night. Absolutely top notch.  Some friends and I went and we tried two apps, 1 small plate,  3 entree, and 3 deserts, not to mention lots of wine.  Everything was great.  Highlights are the arancini, pork chops, and the panna cotta.  The owner is very friendly and obviously very passionate about wine. 

Offline Barnum

« Reply #768 on: September 08, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »
ATLANTA (April 25, 2012) — Fox Brothers Restaurant Group (FBRG), who brought you Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q and Big Tex Decatur, is proud to announce the opening of a new concept they are calling Fox Bros. Rib Joint. Located in Decatur, Ga., in the old Maddy’s space, this fast-casual concept will focus on finger-licking food, quick service and a relaxed ambiance. There will be ample indoor and outdoor seating. The rib joint is set to open in summer of 2012. This is the third concept for FBRG, following Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q and Big Tex Decatur, both located in Atlanta. For more information call Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q at 404-577-4030. Fox Bros. Rib Joint is located at 1479 Scott Boulevard Decatur, Ga. 30030.

http://www.decaturmetro.com/2012/04/25/fox-bros-rib-joint-taking-over-old-maddys-location-on-scott-blvd/

I've heard that this isn't happening... at least at the old Maddy's location?  Anybody have any info they want to share?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #769 on: September 08, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »
ATLANTA (April 25, 2012) — Fox Brothers Restaurant Group (FBRG), who brought you Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q and Big Tex Decatur, is proud to announce the opening of a new concept they are calling Fox Bros. Rib Joint. Located in Decatur, Ga., in the old Maddy’s space, this fast-casual concept will focus on finger-licking food, quick service and a relaxed ambiance. There will be ample indoor and outdoor seating. The rib joint is set to open in summer of 2012. This is the third concept for FBRG, following Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q and Big Tex Decatur, both located in Atlanta. For more information call Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q at 404-577-4030. Fox Bros. Rib Joint is located at 1479 Scott Boulevard Decatur, Ga. 30030.

http://www.decaturmetro.com/2012/04/25/fox-bros-rib-joint-taking-over-old-maddys-location-on-scott-blvd/

I've heard that this isn't happening... at least at the old Maddy's location?  Anybody have any info they want to share?

The info is here on the board.....

http://285foodies.com/forum/metro-atlanta/fox-bros/msg27238/#msg27238

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:05:25 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #770 on: September 08, 2012, 03:09:28 PM »

Gunshow

Go Kevin Go....

Offline Barnum

« Reply #771 on: September 08, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »

The info is here on the board.....

http://285foodies.com/forum/metro-atlanta/fox-bros/msg27238/#msg27238

thanks... missed that.

Offline Roxro

• Email
« Reply #772 on: October 09, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »
Pure Taqueria on Highway 9 in Roswell is open- bigger, louder and more crowded than the Alpharetta location.  If you are wanting to have a conversation, sit outside.  If you want to get a drink at the bar, be prepared for a long wait. 

Offline mikeamor

• InterWeb
    • Email
« Reply #773 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:41 AM »
Pure Taqueria on Highway 9 in Roswell is open- bigger, louder and more crowded than the Alpharetta location.  If you are wanting to have a conversation, sit outside.  If you want to get a drink at the bar, be prepared for a long wait.

+1 On the noise.  We went a week ago and they seemed to still be working out the kinks in their service.  They were slow and  forgetful.  The food was pretty unmemorable, except for the rather high price.  It was lacking in any kind of punch or original flavor.  I'm sure they can get the service side together but the food really needs to be brought up a notch or five.  We had not been to Pure for a while so I don't know if this is endemic of all their locations now or just this one.
Unfortunately, a conclusion is usually the place where you got tired of thinking.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #774 on: October 09, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

A new BBQ joint on 78 just past Park Place on the right back in the plaza.  Actually they may be open for the first time today or on Saturday.  I talked to one of the owners Wanda Lovejoy, she says they are fixing Kansas City style BBQ with some Georgia twists.  Name of the place is "Stone Mountain Bar-B-Q"

At the corner of East Park Pl Blvd & Rockbridge Rd. 

Stone Mountain Bar-B-Q
5370 Hwy 78 (Stone Mountain Hwy)
Stone Mtn, GA
Phone:
470-255-2254
stonemountainbbq@comcast.net

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #775 on: October 22, 2012, 10:53:02 AM »

Had dinner there last night. Absolutely top notch.  Some friends and I went and we tried two apps, 1 small plate,  3 entree, and 3 deserts, not to mention lots of wine.  Everything was great.  Highlights are the arancini, pork chops, and the panna cotta.  The owner is very friendly and obviously very passionate about wine.

Obviously only so far I can go based on samplings at a "Taste of X" but no question whatsoever, the undisputed star of the Taste of Roswell was their short ribs and grits as well as I think it was a butterscotch and caramel panna cotta. Between the nibbles I had and the positive reviews I've heard, this may be the best debut in uOTPia since Bite.
Sexy man gives quick restaurant tips for northern 'burbs https://www.tastemade.com/@fatdude

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #776 on: December 06, 2012, 03:56:21 PM »

Southbound restaurant, to be opened by Dennis Lange from 5 Seasons fame in Chamblee. 

Offline shoeshine boy

« Reply #777 on: December 07, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »
http://decatur.patch.com/articles/new-restaurant-coming-to-heart-of-avondale-estates

hopefully this is the start of an Avondale resurgence. I REALLY hope it lives up to billing because I love a good corndog!

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #778 on: December 07, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
http://decatur.patch.com/articles/new-restaurant-coming-to-heart-of-avondale-estates

hopefully this is the start of an Avondale resurgence. I REALLY hope it lives up to billing because I love a good corndog!

Jim Stacey's name is not mentioned in the article is it? I love Get Delicious and his Palookaville brand.

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #779 on: January 11, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
Taco Linda Vista on 9 and Holcombe Bridge.  I think it just opened.  Anyone been?   There is a new sign for $1.99 breakfast burrito.  I may have to explore next week.