Author Topic: Closed  (Read 126008 times)

Offline shoeshine boy

Re: Closed
« Reply #555 on: August 15, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »
Table 1280 has closed.

http://whatnowatlanta.com/2012/08/13/table-1280-at-the-woodruff-arts-center-shutters/

I read somewhere else, AJC blog maybe that the closing was just temporary while the ASO was on break.

Offline Corky

« Reply #556 on: August 16, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »
BW Tavern in Alpharetta/Midway has closed. Confirmed on Facebook.
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #557 on: August 26, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »

Barker's Red Hots at their Roswell Location Closed

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #558 on: September 09, 2012, 07:50:24 AM »
Waffold in Morningside has closed
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #559 on: September 09, 2012, 08:34:10 AM »
didn't waffold open about 2 weeks ago?

Offline Barnum

« Reply #560 on: September 09, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »

don't exaggerate! 

I think it's been open a month or so  ;-)

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #561 on: September 09, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »

don't exaggerate! 

I think it's been open a month or so  ;-)

Hah..i guess i considered the opening when i saw they were in arguing with some other waffle chain about tag lines.

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #562 on: October 05, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
Looks like Franco's Italian Tavern in Roswell is closed.  Tried calling to order a take out pizza tonight and the phone wasn't working.  So I drove across the street and all dark.  Too bad.  I really liked their pies, but must confess, I've ordered more from Jet's Pizza than anyone else lately.

Offline secret chef

« Reply #563 on: October 06, 2012, 06:25:31 AM »
Looks like Franco's Italian Tavern in Roswell is closed.  Tried calling to order a take out pizza tonight and the phone wasn't working.  So I drove across the street and all dark.  Too bad.  I really liked their pies, but must confess, I've ordered more from Jet's Pizza than anyone else lately.

Probably was just a matter of time.  Franco's was so good when they initially opened but then started have serious problems with consistency and went downhill from there.  Even more strange was the fact that the owner was always there during the slide, it's not like the place was being run by an absentee owner.  I think they must have had massive turnover in the kitchen and just didn't have any attention to detail...  We became so frustrated that we had to stop going.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #564 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:59 AM »

Probably was just a matter of time.  Franco's was so good when they initially opened but then started have serious problems with consistency and went downhill from there.  Even more strange was the fact that the owner was always there during the slide, it's not like the place was being run by an absentee owner.  I think they must have had massive turnover in the kitchen and just didn't have any attention to detail...  We became so frustrated that we had to stop going.

Agree 103 percent. So much potential, but they did everything they could be sabotage themselves.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Larkemon

• Email
« Reply #565 on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »

Agree 103 percent. So much potential, but they did everything they could be sabotage themselves.

That's part of why we stopped getting pies there as much.  The quality was up and down, while the service was never fast.  They could have really helped themselves out if they delivered too.

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
Erwoods in Crabapple has closed.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2012, 02:36:56 PM »

Still Waters restaurant in Snellville has closed, it was destined to close.  Bad business model, in a location that at least 6 other restaurant ideas had failed, and some stubborn but very moral owners, (no beer, no wine etc.)

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline Girly

« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

Very surprised it lasted as long as it did. I went several times and was underwhelmed.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #569 on: October 09, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »

Very surprised it lasted as long as it did. I went several times and was underwhelmed.

They and their sister restaurant, the alleged gastropub, were both just a notch above average at best. Gave it a try, but it wasn't good or close enough to give me any reason to return. I also remember the booth setup, relative to where the TVs were, was not well thought out. I also only made it when the Vito Goldberg's guy was cheffing. Never tried the new guy.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/