Author Topic: Clay Oven Restaurant  (Read 410 times)

Offline Sadlebred

• Sadlebred's Website
Clay Oven Restaurant
« on: December 29, 2012, 10:10:16 PM »
Wanting something a little different today, Mr. Sadle and I went to the Clay Oven Restaurant in Marietta. It's directly across the street from the NCG Cinema. They serve mostly Greek with a few Italian dishes. We were greeted by a Greek woman, the owner's wife. She took time to explain the menu, which I appreciated since I don't eat Greek that much. If you know Greek dishes, have the entire menu explainted may be a bit annoying. She was very friendly and provided good service. For Meze, I had the spanakopita. It was quite good. Mr. Sadle had the Dolmathes; he said it was very good. I tasted it, and it was ok. (I generally don't care for similar dishes, so take my judgement with a grain of salt.) We both opted for Souvlaki pita wraps since it was lunch time. Mr. Sadle enjoyed his pork, and I liked the grilled chicken. The pita was really fresh, and the tsatziki sauce is house made. Greek potatos are served on the side. They are in the process of getting their beer and wine license, so there was nothing yet on the menu. I'm not sure if you can BYOB/BYOW. There is also space for a dance floor, which is apparently used for Greek dance lessons they host.

Prices were very reasonable. We'll definitely go back again.