Click here for Restaurant.com  -  $25 Restaurant.com Gift Cards for $15.

Author Topic: Claude's off the Bayou in Loganville  (Read 504 times)

Offline foodnearsnellville

Claude's off the Bayou in Loganville
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »
I was a little surprised by this place. I came expecting some lighter Cajun style fare and yes, they had that. What I didn't expect was the BBQ. Now we didn't explore the 'cue the way we did the Cajun offerings (short take home: do the baskets or the po boys), but the one pulled pork sandwich, underneath the "making it melt in your mouth soft" and the heavy use of BBQ sauce, had a hint of smoke in the meat.

They also have a smoker, out back. I have a photo to prove it.

Understand, most places that claim Cajun/Creole in this city aren't good enough to be reviewed on my blog, and this one was. And if they can even pull off B- 'cue, that's not usual.

FnS.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Claude's off the Bayou in Loganville
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
I was a little surprised by this place. I came expecting some lighter Cajun style fare and yes, they had that. What I didn't expect was the BBQ. Now we didn't explore the 'cue the way we did the Cajun offerings (short take home: do the baskets or the po boys), but the one pulled pork sandwich, underneath the "making it melt in your mouth soft" and the heavy use of BBQ sauce, had a hint of smoke in the meat.

They also have a smoker, out back. I have a photo to prove it.

Understand, most places that claim Cajun/Creole in this city aren't good enough to be reviewed on my blog, and this one was. And if they can even pull off B- 'cue, that's not usual.

FnS.

I have eaten there at least once, it was closed (with no notice) the other several times I drove by the place.  This was the location in Downtown Snellville on one of those side streets behind the cemetery, not the main location on 78 just East of Loganville. 

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:46:03 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.