Author Topic: Bite - Alpharetta  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Milt

• Email
Bite - Alpharetta
« on: August 23, 2011, 08:38:19 PM »
Today I lunched with a friend at Bite - at his suggestion.  It was the best lunch I have had out in ages.  Fish tacos, pork tacos, corn on the cob, shrimp bisque - very impressive.  I need to get back and try more of the menu.

Who else has been to Bite?  Apparently they have been open - at Webb Bridge Way and Kimball Bridge Road - for a month and a half and are planning to begin dinner service a week from tomorrow on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

http://www.biteatl.com/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:52:44 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

Offline Minerva

Re: Bite - Alpharetta
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:11:03 AM »
Been there twice and was greatly impressed both times by chef's skill in layering flavors in something as mundane as corn on the cob. He grills it, rolls in lime aioli and Mexican cheese then sprinkles with ancho chile powder. Sinfully good. I also highly recommend the red chile pork tacos.

Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline secret chef

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:04:14 AM »
I have been there twice for lunch.

I thought the Asian noodle salad with seared tuna was extremely good.

Offline UltraFoodie

• This is when I met Michael Stern
    • Ultra Foodie
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 07:22:23 AM »
I just went yesterday and loved it. I have been on a lobster roll quest and someone had recommended that I try theirs and I was not disappointed. The lobster is perfectly cooked and nicely dressed with tarragon and a bit of celery on a black pepper-thyme roll. They have apparently leased the space next door and plan to expand in the next couple of months. I'm definitely planning to go back and check out the dinner menu & more of the lunch items. Leif & Jason are both great to talk to, stood there chatting about food for close to an hour, was impressed with their guts at bringing real food so far OTP and hope they have a lot of success with it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:09:56 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
If you are on twitter, look me up @poodle_power, and I always appreciate feedback on my blog http://ultrafoodie.blogspot.com.

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 08:59:43 PM »
We had lunch there last weekend. I thought my chicken taco was delicious. I agree, the corn on the cobb is excellent.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline Milt

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 10:10:37 PM »
We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with lunch at Bite last week.  My wife has never cared for cream of mushroom soup - until she tasted mine at Bite.  She no longer says she doesn't care for cream of mushroom soup.  She loves "some" cream of mushroom soup now.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »

Very Yummy..  details later and hopefully a picture or two..

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »

Many thanks to Leif and his staff.  I was in high cotton when a couple from out of town asked me to "take them somewhere new".  Of course I had heard all of the talk, and was anxious myself to try the Lobster Roll, and that "Street Corn", but I also wanted to try the spicy pulled pork taco and other things. My guests had looked at the menu online so they knew that "she" was getting the fish taco, (she got the soup special rather than the side),  and "he" was getting the steak sandwich with the Cole slaw.  So we get there early, had a nice table by the window and let the staff do their thing.  We were all very pleased by the lunch and service, and the cost.I deem this the best Lobster Roll I have eaten this side of Maine.  I cannot praise them enough, I don't think they have been open too long, but their catering background is proven out in the quality and character of the dishes.  I'll be back.

Oh and I got a big refilled glass of the cucumber lemonade and it too was delicious.   Big Thumbs up for Bite in Alpharetta.

Lobsta Roll and (hidden) street corn

Kath's fish taco and delicious "special" soup.

Rick's Steak Sandwich and delicious slaw (I did get one small bite)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:17:37 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 05:59:00 AM »

I took my brother Dan from CA and his wife H. there for lunch on Wednesday (they picked up the tab), again this is an amazing small place that fills ALL of the seats at lunch and produces wonderful food.  The lobster roll was so good I had it again with the "street corn" and the soup-O-day.   H., had the grouper plate (custom made for her likes and dislikes), brother Dan also had the lobsta roll and the slaw.  The slaw was KILLER btw, and the multi bean soup was way good, we passed the soup around and all got a taste.   Thanks again Leif, you nailed it again and gave Dan and H. a nice lunch and some good time with me. 

Offline mikeinatl

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »
I've eaten here as well and it was quite good.  Had some good tacos and a nice roasted veggie should.  One thing to not, my wife tried to take the kids there for lunch one day and no high chairs available for the little ones.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 09:53:17 AM »

Bite is going through their Grand Reopening this week.  We attended a soft opening on Saturday and were treated with delicious bites and good wine (and champagne).  Leif and his staff really outdid themselves that night but honestly they have been pretty much spot on each time we have been there.  I took no pictures, but shared the table with friends that were also pleased. 

We did stop on the way back toward Snellville at Hansel & Gretel Bakery on Pleasant hill for a bit of desert before driving on home.  H. & G. was a treat, our date night was great and we can all be thankful to "Bite" and their expansion.  I hope they continue to raise the bar in Alpharetta.

Thanks Milt for being a first responder on this place, each time it has really been worth the trip for us. 

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »
Has their site moved / gone away?  I go to http://www.biteatl.com/ and I get some Boy Scout event.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
Has their site moved / gone away?  I go to http://www.biteatl.com/ and I get some Boy Scout event.

I talked to Heather just now, the issue is being resolved.  Some kind of kinky computer thing..  :o

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »

I talked to Heather just now, the issue is being resolved.  Some kind of kinky computer thing..  :o

It is fixed TrickyD......   go and Bite  roam in peace .

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:52:48 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 07:42:11 AM »
Thanks!  I've looked before but was curious about the menu.  Didn't mean for you to go out of your way, I was just hoping that someone from Bite would see it.