Author Topic: Arepa Mia  (Read 700 times)

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
Arepa Mia
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »
Lousy name, fantastic food!

New place in the Auburn Curb Market on Edgewood, serving stuffed arepas and empanadas. Lunch yesterday (shredded beef, peppers and onions) and today (veggie with squash, kale, peppers and onions) were both absolutely amazing.

If you go, make sure you get some of the guasacaca, an herb sauce that is similar to a chimichurri and the house made habenero hot sauce. So freakin' good....

Go eat there now.
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline gwilson

Re: Arepa Mia
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
I've eaten here a handful of times, always getting an arepa.  They've always been good.  The corn cakes are delicious themselves.  If going with a group, and some are may be hesitant to try them, you can get an order of just the corn cakes with cheese on them.  Sharing that as an appetizer would convert anyone, I believe.  She also occasionally has special fillings - one time the special included a fried egg; I was so mad that I read the special board after ordering.  Also, the last time I was there (about a month ago), Lis was advertising a Saturday brunch.

Offline Barnum

Re: Arepa Mia
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 04:36:54 AM »
Been there 3 or 4 times now, every time fantastic.  Really nice folks behind the counter.  Worth a trip to the street market just for this.