Author Topic: Pine Street Market - Pork Belly  (Read 3026 times)

Offline SalMonela

Pine Street Market - Pork Belly
« on: December 10, 2009, 11:55:49 AM »
This is one of those - I'm almost afraid to share it items but... run, do not walk - to Pine Street Market (Avondale Estates) for some of their smoked pork belly.  This stuff is dangerously good - smokey, great ratio of fat to meat, good mouth feel.   

Not sure how long they plan to produce this item, so you may want to call ahead but I apologize in advance if I've bought them out before you get there.

While I'm posting I need to plug their Copa salami as well.  Lady Monela, who grew up in Tuscany, says this is as good or better than she can find back in the old country.

Offline LizR

• Email
Re: Pine Street Market - Pork Belly
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 01:09:57 PM »
Thanks for the tip! We will have to check them out.

I love this board :0)

Offline bogiesmom

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »
Love Pine Street Market!  They have been at the Peachtree Road Farmers Market this year and I am now officially addicted to their bacon - it is the best ever!  Now that the farmers market is closing for the year (I think next weekend is the last), I will have to make the journey to their shop in Avondale (which is ok, because then I can also hit YDFM).  They also have a line of sausages, salamis, etc.  Everything is great.

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:59:34 AM »
A friend made "momofuko pork buns" with it and they were fantastic!

Offline GabrielsDad

• Back to who I was
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »
Just made my inaugural visit to Pine Street Market.  This may be the best smelling place on earth.

Super nice folks running it, producing some fantastic quality sausages and salami.  You can try basically any of their products (well, probably not the fresh sausages...) and they were all great.  I came home with chorizo, copa, herbed salami (with herbs de provence) and a wedge of Sweet Grass gouda for an appetizer plate.

I'll definitely be back to try some of their bacon and fresh sausages.  They do everything in house, including butcherhig down the primal cuts they get from a North Carolina farm.  What a delicious addition to the area!

http://www.pinestreetmarket.com/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 08:08:59 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
There are things you do because they feel right & they make no sense & they make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.
                                               - Brian Andreas

Offline bettylouski

Re: Pine Street Market - Holiday Hams
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »
Got this e-mail from Pine Street, may have to order one of these for Christmas:

The holidays are lots of fun, but they're also lots of work - cleaning, cooking, decorating, shopping, and more cleaning. The secret to actually enjoying the holidays is taking a few (unnoticeable) short cuts. Let PSM help you save time and look like Julia Child with a boneless, all natural Cider Brined Peachtree Smoked Ham.
We won't tell a soul.

Half Ham ~5lb (serves 8-10): $30
Whole Ham ~10lb: $55

PSM Hams are made in house by order only. Place your order for Thanksgiving by November 9. Christmas orders must be placed by December 7. Call (404) 296-9672 or drop by to reserve yours

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Pine Street Market
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »

I'm putting this place on a must-go list.  I have to sortof drive past it to get to DFM.  

Too sweet..

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:32:53 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »
It's VERY convenient when you are already at YDFM.  I got that ham for Christmas and it was some kind of awesome.  Everyone wants it again next year.  Their salami and bacon are wonderful as well.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 03:22:42 PM »
I went by Pine Street Market yesterday and loved it.

My adventure to Pine Street Market was terrific.  And I brought home some delicious treats.  AND some apple smoked bacon.  I'm gonna have to try Rusty's bacon against some Nueske's apple smoked.  Nueske's has been the high water mark up until now.

http://www.nueskes.com/shop-by-department/smoked-bacon.aspx

What a neat place. it hasn't been together long enough to quite smell like Patak, but Rusty is a good person and is trying to produce some responsible, delicious things.

I got 2 Petite Dark Chocolate Mole Salami, apple smoked bacon,  4 Bangers & some cheese. I got to see the "works" and chatted with Rusty for a while. He's headed in the right direction IMHO..

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:16:41 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 08:01:09 AM »
After a swing by YDFM, we made a side trip to Pine Street Market yesterday. Tiny space on a side street that no one would ever venture down if they didn't have a specific destination, no parking of its own (we parked on the street), and no sign except for the awning pictured in GG's post. That said, it's a great place for the cured meat lover, and less out of the way than Patak's.

Not as many options as Patak's, but what they have seemed good. We just bought a pound of apple smoked bacon, but tried a couple of salumi and some fresh gouda that was nice. It's worth a look-see if you're in the neighborhood.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 08:06:43 AM »
After a swing by YDFM, we made a side trip to Pine Street Market yesterday. Tiny space on a side street that no one would ever venture down if they didn't have a specific destination, no parking of its own (we parked on the street), and no sign except for the awning pictured in GG's post. That said, it's a great place for the cured meat lover, and less out of the way than Patak's.

Not as many options as Patak's, but what they have seemed good. We just bought a pound of apple smoked bacon, but tried a couple of salumi and some fresh gouda that was nice. It's worth a look-see if you're in the neighborhood.

Very soon Rusty will be having a nice bakery as his building/neighbor.  It will make it twice as inviting to go back to our Avondale memory lane and try Pine Street Market.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 10:49:32 AM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

I was at DFM this week and stopped by PSM.  Kyle was working the front counter and I honestly didn't need too much. I asked if they had any bacon "ends" because I want to make some good beans this or next week. He reached into the cooler and picked out a couple nice large chunks for me and didn't charge me much.   Heck I'd drop in there just for the good aroma.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »

I wonder if there is an extra ham ?   I have NOT planned for Easter.  Sure I could do a Leg-O-Lamb, but I may go light this year and get a ham from somewhere, make some sides and call it Easter.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »

Here is a picture of the bacon we each received at the Whole Hog Butchering class.  It was delicious.
Rusty and crew let us each choose the seasonings to add to his measured salt and sugar mixture.  He kept it a week and it was in the bottom of my fridge for another long week before we got around to a bacon morning.  I want to make my own now here at home. 

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »

Here is a link to the delicious pecan smoked ham Rusty Bowers and his crew at Pine Street Market are producing.

http://www.pinestreetmarket.com/collections/frontpage/products/cider-brined-pecan-smoked-ham