Author Topic: Kathleen's Catch in Johns Creek  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Kathleen's Catch in Johns Creek
« on: January 24, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »

I have heard good things about this place and it has only been open a short while, has anyone on here tried it yet?

http://www.kathleenscatch.com/

9810 Medlock Bridge Road Suite 800
Johns Creek, GA 30097
(678) 957-9792

(Just north of State Bridge in the
same shopping center with the
Trattoria 141 restaurant and Viande Rouge)

STORE HOURS:

MON - FRI:  10:00 to 7:00
SAT:  10:00 to 6:00
SUN:  12:00 to 5:00

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Kathleen's Catch in Johns Creek
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »
Seafood is fresh. She also whomps up a pretty righteous lobster roll. For those who pout it's too far, my fave superstar writer explains how one can make it a 3-for-1 trip without getting back into your car. http://neighbornewspapers.com/view/full_story/20669923/article-Medlock-Bridge-Road-packs-tons-of-taste-into-eatery-trio
Sexy man gives quick restaurant tips for northern 'burbs https://www.tastemade.com/@fatdude

Offline RootsInAlpharetta

• Roots in Alpharetta
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
It's basically a retail shop for Inland Seafood, the seafood supplier for many restaurants. Prices are in-line with Whole Foods (just down the street) if not a tad cheaper. Kathleen is friendly and knowledgeable. Decent use of social media to promote seasonal items that are in-stock.

Their lobster roll is pretty good. I think her recipe also comes from the Inland Seafood guys. It's fairly authentic based on what I've read of lobster rolls. But I like Bite's version a lot better.

Offline Minerva

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »
On Saturday, she had some of the nicest looking sockeye this season for $13.99/lb. Also she just started carrying Meats by Linz, (www.meatsbylinz.co) which I had been wanting to find locally since I had eaten one of their steaks at Little Alley Steak on Canton Street and was mightily impressed by the meat quality.

We bought some of the salmon and two boneless ribeyes and can honestly say after consuming both, it was well worth the 20-mile trip from our home in East Cobb. Her fish selection is amazing and as her husband is a high-up Inland Seafood guy, I think she gets the pick of the litter.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kathleens-Catch/176002402414349?fref=ts
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »
On Saturday, she had some of the nicest looking sockeye this season for $13.99/lb. Also she just started carrying Meats by Linz, (www.meatsbylinz.co) which I had been wanting to find locally since I had eaten one of their steaks at Little Alley Steak on Canton Street and was mightily impressed by the meat quality.

We bought some of the salmon and two boneless ribeyes and can honestly say after consuming both, it was well worth the 20-mile trip from our home in East Cobb. Her fish selection is amazing and as her husband is a high-up Inland Seafood guy, I think she gets the pick of the litter.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kathleens-Catch/176002402414349?fref=ts

I wish her store was between me and anything I do.   I will get up there if for nothing but the oysters. 

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »

I was up in 'da hood of uOTPia Dweller, (I think) today chasing down some $$ and cruising - hunting for some good lunch.   I stopped into Kathleen's Catch and bought some PEI mussels for our dinner tonight, now to make a Thai Broth, and lightly clean the mussels for their quick trip through the broth and onto our plate with some baguette, some baby bok choy and a glass of good white wine.