Author Topic: Costco  (Read 31170 times)

Offline Hazelnut

Re: Costco
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
I wish they had a Costco closer to the Roswell area.  I hate driving up to the Alpharetta one.  It's not forever out of the way but enough so that I've never purchased a membership.

There is a Costco close to Roswell north of Perimeter Mall at the Abernathy exit.  I go there all the time!

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 12:45:28 PM »
There is a Costco close to Roswell north of Perimeter Mall at the Abernathy exit.  I go there all the time!

I would call that Costco close to Sandy Springs, not close to Roswell...  I know where they all are, the problem with getting on 400 is that I live about 10 minutes (actual drive time, not counting traffic) away from 400.  On a weekday afternoon, add some local surface street traffic and 400 south traffic - you can see my hesitation.  From downtown Roswell where I live, the north Alpharetta location is actually closer but I never drive over there so it would always be a special trip just to go to Costco.  Certainly doable, just not convenient.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »
This afternoon at the Cumberland Costco, picked up (among other things) prime sirloin at $5.99 a pound (absolutely the cheapest I've seen prime here) and a pack of baby back ribs (3 racks) for $23... guess what's going on the BGE this weekend...

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 02:58:32 PM »
Costco now has Copper River Salmon, skin-on for $14.99/lb.  I think it was around $10/lb last summer, but it's still well worth it.

Another item I've been buying  the last few months is the pack of 6 heads of Artisan lettuce (tango, oakleaf & gem) for <$4.  BHFM sells 4 heads of the same for >$4 and YDFM has two heads for over $3.  It's a little gritty and definitely needs to be washed, but it keeps much longer than spring mix in the hot weather.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 03:22:24 PM »
Has it already been a year since last time? wow....can't believe it.
i will get some for my daughter to try...figure i'd start her with the good stuff...although with her appetite, it's going to get expensive:)

What costco did you see it at?

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »
I bought it at Gwinnett last week - I'm guessing they all have it by now.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 07:54:30 PM »
cumberland didn't tonight.
apparently sandy springs had it last week, but it's gone already...

Offline jonnymack

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »
Cumberland had the copper river salmon on Sunday, and it was AWESOME!  Another item they had was a brand of bufala mozzarella, 3 bulbs for $11-12.  Well worth it.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
Cumberland had the copper river salmon on Sunday, and it was AWESOME!  Another item they had was a brand of bufala mozzarella, 3 bulbs for $11-12.  Well worth it.
Well, that sucks! I called saturday and they didn't have it, so i went to Perimeter, which DID have it. I'll stop in cumberland tonight and maybe get another fillet.

The one i got was Sockeye...friend of mother in law said the one she got a few weeks ago at Perimeter was King Copper river....possible?

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 10:09:31 AM »
The one I bought at Gwinnett a week ago specified Copper River.  I asked this past weekend when they had none, was told they blew thru the first order in a few days and were supposed to be getting sockeye in later on in the weekend.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »
Rainier cherries are back at Costco. 3lb for $8.99. Boy, are they good.
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
I've been getting the sockeye salmon almost weekly, they usually don't have a whole lot of it, but the price is down to $8.99/lb!

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »
Rainier cherries also at publix for $3.50/lb. Just $0.50 more than costco

Offline totm

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »
I've been getting the sockeye salmon almost weekly, they usually don't have a whole lot of it, but the price is down to $8.99/lb!
What do y'all do with 1+ to 3 lbs of Salmon?  I'd get the sockeye (and other fish) more frequently from Costco but with just 2 adults in our house that is a LOT of fish.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:38 AM »
Cut into portion sizes, vac pack if possible, and freeze