Author Topic: Lexington, NC  (Read 1434 times)

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
Lexington, NC
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »
I had a photo shoot in Burlington, NC and decided to drive up. Pulled off the expressway and saw a sign for Jimmy's (hope I remembered the name correctly) BBQ and a quick thought of delicious North Carolina BBQ with a nice vinegary sauce went through my head, so I pulled in and ordered a pork sandwich. Paid an extra 50 cents for chunks instead of chopped. Sandwich was served on a dark gray rough paper plate that wouldn't have mattered if the BBQ had any character, which it didn't. A total disaster with mushy, flavorless meat and overall a disaster, so that plate was a precursor of what lay ahead. This place should not be allowed to even call their product BBQ.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

Re: Lexington, NC
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:17:13 PM »
Wow. Jimmy's is one of the highest rated places in the world. Cue is dern good, though sides not. They and Lexington #1 are generally the two highest rated. Never had bad cue there, not great sides.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:51:52 PM »
I don't think we are talking about the same place. Maybe I got the name wrong or something. I will try to Google the place I ate at because there was no way it could be rated #1.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:56:47 PM »
I don't think we are talking about the same place. Maybe I got the name wrong or something. I will try to Google the place I ate at because there was no way it could be rated #1.

Prolly the same place. Just off the exit, not more than a 1/2 mile to the east of I-85, south side of the road. "Outside brown" is the way to order, though I think Jimmy's has their own cute name.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:58:36 PM »
I just Googled it and it was Jimmy's and this is the place I ate. It had 7 reviews and all but 1 gave it 3-5 stars. Maybe I don't know anything about BBQ but IMHO this stuff was just bad.