Author Topic: Spicy Chick-Fil-A... finally  (Read 26206 times)

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
Re: Spicy Chick-Fil-A... finally
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2011, 06:06:13 AM »
Those new Wendy's fries?

I don't eat fast food nearly often enough to have tried Wendy's new fries yet. However, CFA fries are literally the bottom of the barrel in my book. I'm trying to think of a place where I've had worse French fries, and I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Oh, wait. The greasy, soggy fries that you get with Barberton chicken in Ohio at Belgrade's or White House are worse, but not by much.
Food is my favorite.

Offline uptown jimmy

• Email
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2011, 10:17:31 AM »
CFA is an odd, odd little success story. There's some sort of coded message there, and I don't mean just the "we're closed on Sundays" wink-wink nudge-nudge megaphone stuff. There's a LOT of folk who will go on and on about how much "healthier" and "cleaner" CFA is as compared to other fast food places, which is obvious nonsense. It's weird.

Yeah!  I love eating those chicken nuggets from McDonald's and especially Wendy's.  All that ground up, processed, extruded, and reformed chicken is way better than that real crap they serve at Chick Fil A.  I'm going to start a boycott against all those places that use real chicken.  Who does that anymore?  It's no better than the chicken foam they serve at places like McDonald's and Wendy's.

:-*

Let's review:

chicken = meat product
biscuit = bread product

So when I speak of McDonald's biscuits being better than CFA's biscuits, I'm talking about the biscuits, not the chicken. And I do not recall mentioning anybody's nuggets, which of course are not even served at the same time as the biscuits, at least at McDonald's.

CFA's biscuits are just odd, I think, a weird combination of dry, mushy and cloyingly sweet. IMHO, of course.

My thoughts on the CFA corporation and its acolytes are not intended to offend. But trying to parse out some sort of health-conscious or calorie-conscious or sanitation-conscious superiority for CFA seems a lost cause, even if many folks take it as an article of faith. They DO have impeccable customer service, I must say. But the general tinge of sanctimony at CFA always rubbed me wrong.

And to the other righteous forum flamer, Taco Stand ain't got nothing to do with CFA or McDonald's. Mustn't get different forum threads cross-wired, you might explode the interwebs, and we don't want that. We like the interwebs.

Finally, Taco Stand is just gross. I worked there for a week many years ago, and trust me: it's gross. Consider it a friendly warning.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »
Those new Wendy's fries?

I don't eat fast food nearly often enough to have tried Wendy's new fries yet. However, CFA fries are literally the bottom of the barrel in my book. I'm trying to think of a place where I've had worse French fries, and I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Oh, wait. The greasy, soggy fries that you get with Barberton chicken in Ohio at Belgrade's or White House are worse, but not by much. 

Comment in the other section.....
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
I'm getting my freebie this weekend. Wonder what's next? Spicy chicken salad?
Spicy nuggets are next.

Nuggets it is...
http://www.ajc.com/business/chick-fil-a-tests-803114.html

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2011, 03:55:02 AM »

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »
Finally got around to having one at Jane Turner Stadium last night. Certainly as fast food goes, purty dern good. The uOTPia Dwellers do have our annual unexotic family vacations that involve about 3,000 miles of interstates and turnpikes. So it does sometimes mean getting off an exit and seeing chains everywhere. I will certainly hope Chick Fil-A is an option and the spicy sammy I shall get.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline cuechick

• Piewacket Blog
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2011, 07:20:17 PM »
I tried one on Friday in Commerce on my way to South Carolina. I added some of their bbq sauce and it was really a nice combo.
I usually only eat fast food when I travel and CFA is a favorite option. I especially love those waffle fries! 
Fresh Pie!

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2011, 04:00:03 PM »
Free breakfasts for next week - http://www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com/Start

Choices vary by location.

Offline Girly

« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
Free breakfasts for next week - http://www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com/Start

Choices vary by location.

I signed up for the oatmeal. I've been wanting to try it. :)

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
The chicken, egg, and cheese looked interesting, but I'm a fool for breakfast burritos.

On an almost similar note, I wish I could find a really good huevos rancheros like I used to get in NM - with Hatch chilies, they are awesome.

Offline Corky

« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2011, 07:41:10 PM »
The chicken, egg, and cheese looked interesting, but I'm a fool for breakfast burritos.

On an almost similar note, I wish I could find a really good huevos rancheros like I used to get in NM - with Hatch chilies, they are awesome.

If you find huevos rancheros or migas here in Atlanta as good as the huevos in NM or the migas in Austin, TX please let us know. I miss those two breakfasts quite a bit. Of course if I still lived out there I would be saying the same about missing a good Southern breakfast of country ham, redeye gravy, eggs and biscuits with blackberry honey.
You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars.
Charles Kuralt

Offline Girly

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »

That's what the S.O. is getting so I figgered I'd steal a bite.

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »

I realize that Dan will never read this, but I've had the chicken, egg, and cheese bagel and it is a qualified gut bomb. The bagel is a strange, dense, sunflower-bedecked affair (people, this is what happens when you let Baptists provide your bagels). That's bedecked with a full-size Chick-fil-a breast, a folded scrambled egg patty, and a slice or two of American cheese. Great if you're starving (or seriously hung over), but on most mornings it's likely to sit in your belly like a lump of lead.

I signed up for a spicy chicken biscuit.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:31:42 PM by Hrothgar »

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
I've had the chicken, egg, and cheese bagel and it is a qualified gut bomb.

I tried it this week, and it was a little heavy, but felt somehow "healthy" with that sunflower multigrain bagel.  Bagel was not toasted enough, and was not nearly large enough to accommodate the full sized chick-fil-a.  DH had the spicy biscuit, which I've had previously, and that was a real gut bomb, IMHO.

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2011, 01:11:27 PM »
I've had the chicken, egg, and cheese bagel and it is a qualified gut bomb.

I tried it this week, and it was a little heavy, but felt somehow "healthy" with that sunflower multigrain bagel.  Bagel was not toasted enough, and was not nearly large enough to accommodate the full sized chick-fil-a.  DH had the spicy biscuit, which I've had previously, and that was a real gut bomb, IMHO.

Tale of the tape:

Spicy CFA Biscuit
450 Calories
20g Fat (8g saturated)
2g Fiber
5g Sugars
16g Protein
30mg Cholesterol
1300mg Sodium
50g Carbohydrates

Chicken, Egg, & Cheese Bagel
490 Calories
20g Fat (6g saturated)
3g Fiber
8g Sugars
29g Protein
240mg Cholesterol
1230mg Sodium
49g Carbohydrates

Honestly, it's kind of a push. You gain a bit more fiber and a lot more protein (natch) with the bagel and you'll certainly feel fuller, but it's also a ton more cholesterol. It did surprise me that calorie count was relatively close.