Author Topic: Spicy Chick-Fil-A... finally  (Read 26214 times)

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
Re: Spicy Chick-Fil-A... finally
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »
the spicy biscuit seemed less spicy than thte sammich. Probably all the grease/butter/shortening in the biscuit.
My biscuit was also terrible...undercooked and mushy.

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »
the spicy biscuit seemed less spicy than thte sammich. Probably all the grease/butter/shortening in the biscuit.
My biscuit was also terrible...undercooked and mushy.

My thoughts exactly, although I did like the chicken, nice and crispy.  Biscuit crumbled apart.

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2011, 09:32:43 AM »
sorry, i mis-wrote. I liked the chicken. The biscuit sucked

Offline chefmoss

• Email
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
I like spicy more than the average joe.  I had the new sammy this AM.  It was good, but I kept thinking- do I really want spicy chicken for breakfast?

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
I like spicy more than the average joe.  I had the new sammy this AM.  It was good, but I kept thinking- do I really want spicy chicken for breakfast?

Uhhhh. YES

Offline uptown jimmy

• Email
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »
CFA biscuits are awful. Mickey D has much better biscuits, if you have to ask.

CFA spicy chicken is sorta weird, crunchy but mushy at the same time.

CFA is an odd, odd little success story. There's some sort of coded message there, and I don't mean just the "we're closed on Sundays" wink-wink nudge-nudge megaphone stuff. There's a LOT of folk who will go on and on about how much "healthier" and "cleaner" CFA is as compared to other fast food places, which is obvious nonsense. It's weird.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
CFA is an odd, odd little success story. There's some sort of coded message there, and I don't mean just the "we're closed on Sundays" wink-wink nudge-nudge megaphone stuff. There's a LOT of folk who will go on and on about how much "healthier" and "cleaner" CFA is as compared to other fast food places, which is obvious nonsense. It's weird.

Yeah!  I love eating those chicken nuggets from McDonald's and especially Wendy's.  All that ground up, processed, extruded, and reformed chicken is way better than that real crap they serve at Chick Fil A.  I'm going to start a boycott against all those places that use real chicken.  Who does that anymore?  It's no better than the chicken foam they serve at places like McDonald's and Wendy's.

:-*

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »

Yeah!  I love eating those chicken nuggets from McDonald's and especially Wendy's.  All that ground up, processed, extruded, and reformed chicken is way better than that real crap they serve at Chick Fil A.  I'm going to start a boycott against all those places that use real chicken.  Who does that anymore?  It's no better than the chicken foam they serve at places like McDonald's and Wendy's.

:-*

I was biting my tongue because my posting board pet peeve is those who review posts instead of posting reviews, but the juxtaposition of saying

The Taco Stand(s) in Athens are nasty. I'm shocked anyone would want to open another one.

There. I said it.

Followed by touting McDonald's was odd.

There I said it.

And yes Chick-Fil-A is the one American fast food chain that I would not go in kicking and screaming.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
They are also the only fastfood place that does a decent salad. I've had much, much worse meals served in a paper sack.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Well, I'm certainly not going to "tout" any fast food place, but I will agree with jimmy that McDonald's biscuits are way better than CFA's, and McDonald's and Wendy's have much, much better fries than CFA. Given that both McD and Wendy's now also have natural chicken breast sandwiches - not ground chicken parts - then, if that was something I wanted or something that was important to me, then that's where I'd go. But I don't eat fast food and haven't in quite a while. I'm not going to any time soon, either.

Since I'm on South Beach, scouring out my arteries again, the only fast food place that I'd visit, if there were absolutely no better option anywhere close, would be Subway, because I can choose exactly which vegetables and how many carbs or fat grams go on my salad, which is much harder to do at any other of the places mentioned here.

So chalk me up as another person who doesn't "get" the mystique of Chick-Fil-A. I think jimmy's comment about the perception of it being "healthier" and "cleaner" is right on the money. My last workplace used to bring it in fairly often for lunch, and even at the low, low price of free, most days I took a pass.
Food is my favorite.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
Those new Wendy's fries?

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
I'm getting my freebie this weekend. Wonder what's next? Spicy chicken salad?

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
Spicy nuggets are next.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2011, 06:34:52 PM »
I get mine tomorrow morning. I hear the spice is not that special.
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline Porky Linkster

• Email
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2011, 04:50:36 AM »
Spicy nuggets are next.

Started making my own variation back in the early 90's when our kids were young and nuggets were ordered frequently: Add 1T Penzey's Hot Chili Powder + 1/2t cayenne pepper + 1/4t onion powder + 1t kosher flake salt and mix in a 6 oz Pyrex custard cup.  Vary amounts according to taste.  Dip nuggets and enjoy.