Author Topic: Spicy Chick-Fil-A... finally  (Read 21815 times)

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
Re: Spicy Chick-Fil-A... finally
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »
Friend in SoCal was part of test market area, received coupon in mail to try for free.  She of the iron tongue sez it was way, way too spicy, described it as "eating chicken encrusted in fiery hot cheetos X 100."  I'm anxious to see if they toned it down after the initial try.  Will find out next week!

Hopefully it's not going to be that kind of fake bright orange like the spicy Cheetos.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »
I got i on Monday and if its good, I got 1 on Wednesday

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

thankyouverymuch
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline Jmolinari

• Email
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 07:04:09 PM »
good thinking on the multiples!:)

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 04:31:06 AM »
Friend in SoCal was part of test market area, received coupon in mail to try for free.  She of the iron tongue sez it was way, way too spicy, described it as "eating chicken encrusted in fiery hot cheetos X 100."  I'm anxious to see if they toned it down after the initial try.  Will find out next week!

Someone other than 13-15-year old boys eat Firey Hot Cheetos?  ;D

Offline bettylouski

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 06:45:38 AM »

I think it was a pregnancy kind of obsession. . .

Offline totm

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 07:30:35 AM »

I may act the average age of 14 sometimes.
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »
They chose a good time to give away a free sandwich.  After my last few times there I wouldn't have paid to test them again, but I'll gladly test my free sandwich next week and see if they redeem themselves.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 02:19:36 PM »

They chose a good time to give away a free sandwich.  After my last few times there I wouldn't have paid to test them again, but I'll gladly test my free sandwich next week and see if they redeem themselves.

Its funny you mention that, I went to a Chick Fil A on my road travels one day a week or so ago and I got a really bad sandwich, it was just like you described before: bad & soggy.  I did go at a very busy time so I have no doubt the sandwiches were cooked way ahead of time and sitting in bags just waiting to be tossed out the drive-thru window.

Offline rwcohen

• So many restaurants, so little time...
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »
I tried the spicy Chick-Fil-A tonight and found it to have a little zing, especially after the first bite, it tended to ling in the back of my mouth for a while. I complete the comparison with a regular sandwich which I doused with Texas Pete, supplied by the store, and found that the spicy lingered just a little bit longer than the altered sandwich. Is it worth the additional .14, dunno, I'll try another one on Wednesday .

Oy, Cal you have it so tough!!
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you.
Margaret Atwood

Schizophrenia beats dining alone.
Oscar Levant

A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
Morey Amsterdam

Offline totm

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »
I wouldn't call it spicy but it did have decent flavor.  And mine had 3, count them, 3 pickle slices!  When I asked for a water to go with my sandwich the lady behind the counter said "You'll need something to drink with it!"  I asked if that was because it was spicy or salty.  "Spicy", she says.  I saw the general manager handing out spicy chicken sandwiches to a few customers.  The location I went to becam a zoo at about 12:10.  I didn't realize that many people went to Chick-fil-A.  That's probably the 4th time I've ever been in one and probably the last.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:24:02 PM by Not a reviewer - totm »
"It's your last day on earth, what is your final bite to eat?" Eric Ripert

"A good potato with a slab of butter.  I'm a happy man." Joel Robuchon

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 12:24:53 PM »
Agreed.  It is spicy enough to notice but not overpowering.  There is an earthy flavor of some sort that is in the background but I couldn't quite pin it down.  I almost wanted to think it was cumin but who knows.

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
Despite my recent experiences I actually expected to like the spicy sandwich.  Good thing it was free.  It was soggy and I wouldn't have known it was supposed to be spicy if it didn't say.  It just tasted a little dirty.  I generally respect the opinions of lots of people here who like CFA, love good fried food and don't have that skeeze issue that Kessler has, so I don't really understand the disconnect.  Without even getting into the specifics of how this sandwich was spiced, it just doesn't seem like well prepared food to me.

Offline HaagenDazs

• Squirrels & Beer
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 07:35:27 AM »
Fast food.  Not Bacchanalia.

Now they shouldn't be soggy (mine wasn't and they VERY rarely are) and food safety rules aside, but you can't expect high school kids on summer jobs to be preparing your food with the utmost care.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:42:05 AM by HaagenDazs »