Author Topic: Out of towners = Culinary tour of Atlanta = Success!  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Larkemon

• Email
Out of towners = Culinary tour of Atlanta = Success!
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:47:45 PM »
I had 8 members of my family come up from Tampa this past weekend.  They aren't foodies, but they LOVE their food.  By Sunday afternoon, they wish they were staying for more, but I think it's tough to top all the places we were able to hit...

Hong Kong Supermarket
Pho at Pho Xe Lua in Hong Kong Supermarket Food Court
Antico Pizza
Vortex
Canton Cooks
Super H
Oriental Pearl for Dim Sum
Hong Kong BBQ
Viet Tofu
Crawfish Shack

I know that Antico Pizza (everyone thought it was probably they best pizza anyone has ever eaten), Vortex, and Crawfish Shack will make the itinerary for their next visit based on their comments.  In fact, they almost turned around and bought a cooler to get more crawfish for the drive back to Tampa :)

So the real question is where else can I take them to next time... YDFM?  Korean BBQ?  Maybe Varrasano's just so they can compare the two places.  My cousin mentioned Chicken and Waffle's.  Any suggestions?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Out of towners = Culinary tour of Atlanta = Success!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:52:12 PM »
I had 8 members of my family come up from Tampa this past weekend.  They aren't foodies, but they LOVE their food.  By Sunday afternoon, they wish they were staying for more, but I think it's tough to top all the places we were able to hit...

Hong Kong Supermarket
Pho at Pho Xe Lua in Hong Kong Supermarket Food Court
Antico Pizza
Vortex
Canton Cooks
Super H
Oriental Pearl for Dim Sum
Hong Kong BBQ
Viet Tofu
Crawfish Shack

I know that Antico Pizza (everyone thought it was probably they best pizza anyone has ever eaten), Vortex, and Crawfish Shack will make the itinerary for their next visit based on their comments.  In fact, they almost turned around and bought a cooler to get more crawfish for the drive back to Tampa :)

So the real question is where else can I take them to next time... YDFM?  Korean BBQ?  Maybe Varrasano's just so they can compare the two places.  My cousin mentioned Chicken and Waffle's.  Any suggestions?

You really did 'em rigtht.  Fox Bro.'s BBQ, Tasty China, Flip, Varrasano's, BHFM, DFM.  I'll let others chime in, I think you have PLENTY of places left to show off.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.