Author Topic: Twain's  (Read 3441 times)

geonuc

Twain's
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:06:37 PM »
Mad Happy ale and habanero wings. A 'to die for' combo.

Twain's is the best brew pub in the area. Not only is the beer great and the hot wings really good and hot, but the bar is one of the best around.

Offline vkroo

Re: Twain's
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »
I had a really different experience at Twain's.  Didn't like the "ambience", the tables were "sticky" and the food was only ok, with one exception: the french fried green beans were very good!  No desire to go back...

geonuc

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 10:26:28 AM »
I forgot to post the website:

http://www.twains.net/

In Decatur.

Offline Beerbitch

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 12:25:28 PM »
At Jordan the brewer's suggestion, tried his Gingerbread Brown Ale yesterday.

Very nice -- not too overwhelming on the spice notes, just enough.  Fizzy (which I like) and a nice Winter warmer which we all need right now.

Tuesday Jazz night is amazing.

Offline KoPP

• Infinite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 07:08:39 AM »
Twain's is the weekend Scoutmob - go get ya some.

Offline geonuc

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 06:59:30 AM »
As part of the Decatur Book festival, Twain's hosted (is hosting) a "Local Prose" stage. Writers from the area get up and speak for 15 or so minutes on their book. The professor had her 15 minutes last night and it was well received.

Given I was in my favorite brewpub, I obviously had to order beer & food. I tried their cask-conditioned bitter. Smooth, but not very bitter an a little too warm for my tastes. I suppose it is served at traditional English pub temperature. My second glass of the regular Twain's bitter was more to my liking.

Habanero wings were delicious as usual, but not nearly as hot as the many other times I've had them. Maybe I got regular hot instead of habanero?

Offline jpellett251

• Atlanta Beer
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »
I don't go here enough, but made it tonight.  Good chicken sausage with a great side Greek salad.  Girlfriend's black bean burger was a good one, a little spicy and house made from portobello and black beans with jalepenos and a good guacamole.  I've never been a huge fan of the beers, but they do cost half the price of what I normally drink (their regular beers are about $3 for 12 oz), and they're pretty good.  I had the brown, which was nice with a little vanilla, and the Cinna-zilla cask, which was decent but a little too much cinnamon.  With that name I knew what I was getting into though, so I won't hold it against them.  It tasted like a cinnamon roll, but I easily finished mine.