Author Topic: Home Video  (Read 9381 times)

Offline bettylouski

Re: Home Video
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »
It's been a long time since I've seen Eraserhead, and now Comcast has it in its free On Demand bin. Even today after David Lynch and all of his imitators have made dozens of films filled with weird imagery and gore, this is still as baffling and open to interpretation as ever. Lynch notoriously won't talk about what it all means, because he wants the audience to figure out their own meaning. He's even coy about how he did the "baby" effect, although it was apparently an enbalmed fetal calf.

Oh, my, this is quite possibly one of my fave and most watched weird movies ever.  Friend recorded on VHS some 25 years ago, will be queueing it up real soon to see in better quality.  Although, the Dekalb Co Library system seems to have about a dozen copies that are always checked out.   :o

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 10:31:08 AM »
Searching for cheap entertainment last night, encountered Nympho Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell. It's from the good folks at Troma, auteurs of Toxic Avenger and Swamp Thing, both trashy fun movies. This one would not make the world any poorer if it hadn't been made. And the title definitely qualifies as false advertising. A couple of threatened, never completed, rape scenes and a flash of breasts are all for the sex, and the "dinosaurs" are weird mutant monsters made with puppets and stop-motion. I'll give them credit for showing fight scenes that actually look like fights instead of choreographed ballet moves.

We also saw a couple of episodes of Rhett and Link: Commercial Kings. If you haven't seen their Interwebs videos, seek them out, and I recommend their show as well. They find unusual small businesses in need of publicity and make a TV commercial with them, usually with very funny results.
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline LizR

• Email
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
The way you wrote that sounds lke you would have rather that they had completed the rape scenes, which, knowing you, I don't think you would have preferred.

Will check out your recommendations.

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 11:51:11 AM »
The chicken and waffles song is probably their best work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qawlht-alU

That Nymphoid Barbarian movie was pretty awful.
Food is my favorite.

Offline The_Scientist

• Email
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »
The way you wrote that sounds lke you would have rather that they had completed the rape scenes, which, knowing you, I don't think you would have preferred.

Will check out your recommendations.

Obviously rape is not entertaining. I'm just saying that with a title like that, you expect a little more of the old in-out.

Rhett and Link made quite a few videos with food themes, for restaurants or just food styles. They're really good singers, too.

Offline Hrothgar

• Email
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 01:25:39 AM »
Searching for cheap entertainment last night, encountered Nympho Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell.

Is this your pet name for FG? Brave man...  ;)

Offline The_Scientist

• Email
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
Searching for cheap entertainment last night, encountered Nympho Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell.

Is this your pet name for FG? Brave man...  ;)

No, NBIDH is too hard to coo.  ::)