Author Topic: babbling  (Read 130075 times)

Offline Marmite Loving Euniculus

• Email
Re: babbling
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

Tell me.. who gives a rats ass about Tiger Wood.   It seems we have bigger fish to fry than be caught up in an athlete's women?  I'm just sayin...   

Good question.

His extramarital issues are between him and his wife. Besides, cheating celebrities really aren't that uncommon or newsworthy.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 06:57:18 PM »

His extramarital issues are between him and his wife.

Um and about 43 wimmmins.

What I found most offensive was that he ate regularly at Perkins Pancake House. I think it's a massive right swing conspiracy the media is not focusing on this.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 07:04:27 AM »
What's wrong with Perkins Pancakes? I haven't eaten at one in years, but I don't remember them being that horrible.

I do find the coverage to be excessive. There was at least one real news story last week that I missed out on because there was nothing but Tiger on television, and I didn't want to sit through it long enough to find out more.
Food is my favorite.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 07:25:04 AM »
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline The_Scientist

• $750 as is, you pay the towing
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »
"Crayons taste like purple" - Tardy the Turtle

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »

Santa was so good to me...    I got things that were unexpected and perfect.  He must be a good listener, or he has been following my clicks online?    LOL

My best gift this year are the friends I have and the ones I have yet to meet.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2009, 08:30:21 AM »

It snowed about 3-5 inches last night...  Brrrrrrrrrrrr

We had an intersting day yestrerday with the kids and grandkids..

Perhaps my first ever Italian meal followed in several hours by Sushi?  I'll do a report on the Italian place later...

My son took us to an old family owned Italian place for a good dinner with the kiddos, and then a bit later went out and got some sushi from a fairly new place in Fairlawn..  We sat around with them and chopsticked some pretty darn good sushi, had a good tall glass of wine and headed for our motel/digs.   It is good to sleep in, and it is good to have the grandkids show me how to play the different Wii games.  I am not too good at some of them, but seem to be catching on?

How many of this foodie family have a Wii game...?

Offline Barnum

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 08:33:45 AM »

It snowed about 3-5 inches last night...  Brrrrrrrrrrrr

We had an intersting day yestrerday with the kids and grandkids..

Perhaps my first ever Italian meal followed in several hours by Sushi?  I'll do a report on the Italian place later...

My son took us to an old family owned Italian place for a good dinner with the kiddos, and then a bit later went out and got some sushi from a fairly new place in Fairlawn..  We sat around with them and chopsticked some pretty darn good sushi, had a good tall glass of wine and headed for our motel/digs.   It is good to sleep in, and it is good to have the grandkids show me how to play the different Wii games.  I am not too good at some of them, but seem to be catching on?

How many of this foodie family have a Wii game...?

we no wii

Offline The_Scientist

• Email
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »
Never got into video games.  Back in high school when friends started getting Atari consoles and playing Space Invaders, I sometimes played with them but never asked for one myself.  Now neither Wii nor WOW holds much interest for me.  I have better ways to waste my time.

Offline Barnum

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2009, 08:45:52 AM »
Never got into video games.  Back in high school when friends started getting Atari consoles and playing Space Invaders, I sometimes played with them but never asked for one myself.  Now neither Wii nor WOW holds much interest for me.  I have better ways to waste my time.

I was addicted to astroids as a teenager but pretty much walked away from it when I went to college and beyond.  I too have absolutely no time to waste on games when I could be wasting it on so many other things.

Offline MoT

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2009, 09:08:21 AM »
I don't really think playing a game or app. on an iPhone is such a waste of time if that's what you want to do while sitting somewhere waiting for something or someone. My kid plays games on hers and she stays pretty busy. I'd play but I can't see the darn thing.

I played wii, specifically bowling, while recovering from my knee surgeries. They used wii in physical rehab for stroke, MS, bilaterals knees etc. patients. It's also a good way for parents to also get their kids away from their computers for a little family time. We just got the Food Network cooking wii.

jmho

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
Oh great...  we have about 5 inches of snow on the ground and there is a "Lake Snow Advisory" being issued on the TV....

CP and I went out and got her some nice boots.  I bought some smoked porter instead of boots..   LOL

It really is pretty looking out of the window at the snow, but it comes to me very, very, clearly why I left Ohio and moved to Atlanta (Snellville).

I am sure the grandkids will want to go sledding...    I am going to fake thin-blood or something and stay near the fireplace.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:48:01 PM by GadgetGeek »

Offline Minerva

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 05:44:33 AM »
I was born in Ohio and left it for Florida with my family when I was a senior on high school.

I know all that snow seems like a royal pain, but I kinda miss it. In small doses, of course.
Fish sauce...for when you want that flavor of cat food and athletic sock...in a good way. - Alton Brown

Offline The_Scientist

• Email
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 07:20:49 AM »
I came to Atlanta specifically for a job, and I would have gone wherever, but being in a place where snow is rare does have its attractions.  FG, on the other hand, came here largely to get away from Ohio's crummy winters.  Even now she complains of being cold from October to March.  We have different internal thermostats, as we quickly discovered after we started dating.  She wears sweaters and covers herself with a blanket while I'm next to her in T-shirt and shorts.

I always laugh at the mania the odd dusting brings out in the locals.  A couple of inches in the forecast sends people to clean out their local Publix of milk and toilet paper.

No longer a newbie!

Offline Barnum

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 08:01:06 AM »
I came to Atlanta specifically for a job, and I would have gone wherever, but being in a place where snow is rare does have its attractions.  FG, on the other hand, came here largely to get away from Ohio's crummy winters.  Even now she complains of being cold from October to March.  We have different internal thermostats, as we quickly discovered after we started dating.  She wears sweaters and covers herself with a blanket while I'm next to her in T-shirt and shorts.

I always laugh at the mania the odd dusting brings out in the locals.  A couple of inches in the forecast sends people to clean out their local Publix of milk and toilet paper.

No longer a newbie!

Is everyone here from Ohio?  I grew up in Columbus and went to school in Cincinnati and have been "down south" since '87 (Ft. Worth then Atlanta) and can honestly say I don't miss the snow.  The pretty postcard days of sipping hot chocolate while the snow falls are few in my memory.  The days and occasional week of power outages (if you live as far out of town as I did) and the ever present dirty salt/slush/ice/muck are more the reality that I do not miss.