Author Topic: babbling  (Read 154890 times)

Offline LizR

• Email
Re: babbling
« Reply #570 on: January 07, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »
Our hot water pipe in the kitchen froze and then DH accidentally broke a valve on the hot water heater trying to shut it off. Have not heard back from the plumbers yet.

I HATE not having hot water.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #571 on: January 07, 2014, 02:27:42 PM »
Took daughter over BFFs. It actually feels kinda good with the sun out.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Girly

« Reply #572 on: January 07, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Our furnace can't keep up, and no matter how much above 65 F we set the thermostat the furnace is only able to heat the place to about 65.

I'm in a small apartment and noticed that my heat isn't keeping it above 61 (it's set for 68) but it's also not running all the time. I'm assuming there's something automatic that keeps it from running 24/7 in this weather even if it doesn't get the temp up completely.

I've been driving around most of the day and once I remembered I have bunwarmers in the car (I ALWAYS forget this....) it's been quite comfy. I throw a jacket, gloves and a hat on when I'm outside but for short times out (5-10 minutes) it's not that bad. Granted, there's no wind and there's sun...Friend wants to walk in a couple of hours and I'm thinking maybe not.

Put the dogs in the bed last night and will do it again the night - free warmth ;)

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
« Reply #573 on: January 07, 2014, 06:26:02 PM »

Put the dogs in the bed last night and will do it again the night - free warmth ;)

Definitely 3 dog night tonight, even in Beaufort, SC it is going down to 25ยบ.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #574 on: January 08, 2014, 09:45:40 AM »
Our hot water pipe in the kitchen froze and then DH accidentally broke a valve on the hot water heater trying to shut it off. Have not heard back from the plumbers yet.

I HATE not having hot water.

Water supply line to the washing machine broke yesterday around 4:30. First plumber said Friday. So did the next three. Found one to get here today though! And wouldn't you know that the neighbor had one break 2 hours after mine! Their's in the basement, mine in the garage ceiling.... Going to be an expensive repair....
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #575 on: January 08, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
So, my stated appointment time was for between 10 AM and 1 PM today. "Gonna call 30 minutes prior to show time" they said.
I called at 2:30 and was told: "We are really busy, I am really sorry but there are a lot of broken and frozen pipes about. We will call you" they said!
I just happened to mention that I have just missed a days pay, they said: "I am sorry, we will call".  fookers.
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »
We are in the same boat. Laundry room line burst yesterday and flooded that room and the garage. They were supposed to come at 11 today, then 8 and finally 11 PM. We told them we'd rather be first in line tomorrow morning and let their crew go to bed. We've got a friend nearby we can stay with and my husband can work from home to wait for the repairs.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #577 on: January 09, 2014, 10:11:04 AM »
Our furnace can't keep up, and no matter how much above 65 F we set the thermostat the furnace is only able to heat the place to about 65.

Service guy came out to look at it yesterday, and it turns out it was "carbon buildup."  A relatively cheap service call.  Whew!

Offline Northside Food

• Northside Food
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: January 10, 2014, 07:05:50 AM »
Finally got the water back on at 9PM last night. Looks like minimal damage so far.
Northside Food- http://northsidefood.blogspot.com/

Updated 06-11-14

Offline MadBob

« Reply #579 on: January 10, 2014, 09:09:58 PM »
WTF is carbon build up? That is a good one!
After a 10 to 1 appointment time, when I called at 2:30, the usual "we are busy". Not complaining understand because I know frozen/busted pipes take time. Could have went to work instead of missing a days pay, (they finally showed at 5). Should have went to work anyway. Bottom line is, they could have called about showtime, but on the plus side I got some extra stuff accomplished! Nothing g like "forced" accomplishments! Like a full bin of hickory for the fireplace/  grill/smoker! Good relaxed beer drinking and procrastination on supper. But I digress....

Offline MadBob

« Reply #580 on: January 11, 2014, 07:13:17 AM »

Service guy came out to look at it yesterday, and it turns out it was "carbon buildup."  A relatively cheap service call.  Whew!

Guess I should not have missed the "furnace" statement! My bad!!

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #581 on: January 11, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »

Every once in a while I see a link to something am blown away by the information or the technology, here is a link with both.

http://www.flightradar24.com/34.01,-84.71/8

No one (or rarely) talks about the emissions going out of the many airplanes we have in the air at one time but this map sure does say that there are plenty of them flying.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #582 on: January 12, 2014, 06:50:58 AM »
That is neat! Click on the exclamation point and what do you get? An airplane that is a secret maybe!?

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #583 on: March 03, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »

Well Crap..   My Tahoe died on the way to Gordon Biersch in Buckhead to shoot pictures of a party tonight.  waited 3 hours for the tow truck, the driver was lost, I knew where I was. 

No dinner, no free beer, no party for me..    :P

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #584 on: March 05, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »
I mentioned this to my neighbor. He said you should have called him.