Author Topic: Hal's on Old Ivy  (Read 493 times)

Offline LizR

• Email
Hal's on Old Ivy
« on: February 15, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
We ended up celebrating Valentine's here last Saturday. We'd been before but not for several years. We were seated upstairs in a room that reminded me of New Orleans - if only they would ditch the tvs over the bar, but whatever. I started out with the carpaccio which was very good but could have used a bit of acid for brightness. I missed the arugula that Rathbun's serves with it.  DH had the lobster app which was several pieces of fried lobster served in a butter sauce and topped with absolutely beautiful giant chunks of lump crab. My entree was the special of Chilean sea bass and it was fantastic. It was a perfectly cooked 2 1/2 inch think slab of fish served on a bed of spinach with a butter sauce and some fried shoestring potatoes on top. Chris had the cap on ribeye and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. Creamed spinach. Wow. That stuff is crave worthy. It is not on anyone's diet but man, is it good. I'd love to duplicate it at home but it had some sort of slightly tart element that I couldn't figure out.  We will be back.