Author Topic: Publix Aprons recipes slightly changed  (Read 836 times)

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Publix Aprons recipes slightly changed
« on: January 17, 2017, 02:30:57 PM »

MwS>- No kidding ‘twas pretty good, the sauce needed thickened with some corn starch.

Orange Sriracha Shrimp

Nonstick aluminum foil ( we did not cook our shrimp this way )
1 (12-oz) package frozen popcorn shrimp (We did 12 oz. of real shrimp barely poached, then dumped into the sauce)
1 orange, for juice
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce (We had real soy sauce)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
1/2 cup sliced green onions, divided
1 (8.5-oz) pouch precooked basmati rice (We actually used this pouched rice, it takes 90 seconds in the micro) I will make real rice every time rather than that pre-cooked mess.
Steps
1.   Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Arrange shrimp in single layer on baking sheet. Cook shrimp, following package instructions. ( we poached small shrimp, not popcorn size)
2.   Squeeze orange for juice (1/2 cup). Combine in medium saucepan: orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, marmalade, sriracha sauce, ginger, and 1/4 cup green onions; bring to boil on medium-high. Cook 1 minute; remove pan from heat. Pour sauce into large bowl; stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
3.   Heat rice following package instructions. Add shrimp to sauce and toss to coat. Serve with rice.
Broccoli Pecan Crunch:
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce (We had regular)
12 oz fresh broccoli florets
1 orange, for zest
1/2 cup candied pecans, finely crushed, ( a really good addition, especially with the orange zest )
Large zip-top bag
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Steps
1.   Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Whisk in large bowl: oil, sriracha sauce, and soy sauce until blended. Add broccoli and toss to coat. Transfer broccoli to baking sheet; cook 15–17 minutes or until slightly tender and florets begin to brown.
2.   Zest/grate orange peel (no white; 1 tablespoon). Place nuts in bag and crush; add orange zest and garlic powder, then shake to blend. Sprinkle nut mixture over broccoli; bake 3 more minutes. Serve.

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

Re: Publix Aprons recipes slightly changed
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:48:32 AM »
I might up the Sriracha to two teaspoons and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of Basil Hayden Bourbon for an additional layer of flavor.
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Onisaki

Re: Publix Aprons recipes slightly changed
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 02:13:02 AM »
Your information is very good.