Author Topic: Wings  (Read 1513 times)

Offline MadBob

Wings
« on: December 31, 2016, 07:49:58 AM »
I have found a recipe for Smoked Hatch Wings I would like to try, and am looking for some Hatch Chili Powder....because you know, Hatch has a unique flavor.
I just spent the last hour or so on line and have found no local luck. Not Penzy's nor Pepper Palace, I cannot even find a Melissa's supplier in the area..... I am jonesen for something different. Any ideas?
Thanks!

http://thebacklabel.com/recipe/smoked-hatch-wings/#.WGe5wdQrLGh
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:52:34 AM by MadBob »
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
Re: Wings
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
I have found a recipe for Smoked Hatch Wings I would like to try, and am looking for some Hatch Chili Powder....because you know, Hatch has a unique flavor.
I just spent the last hour or so on line and have found no local luck. Not Penzy's nor Pepper Palace, I cannot even find a Melissa's supplier in the area..... I am jonesen for something different. Any ideas?
Thanks!

http://thebacklabel.com/recipe/smoked-hatch-wings/#.WGe5wdQrLGh

I will find it for you Bob..   I have some, will look up what you need..  Do you want red or green and how hot do you want it?

Red: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231612920312

Green:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hatch+green+chili+powder&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=4964757817&hvqmt=p&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5afnlhhpzh_p

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:45:11 PM by Mike GadgetGeek Stock »
Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Mike,
Thanks for the help, I will get some on order! You da MAN!!
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline MadBob

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:11:07 AM »
Hatch Chili Powder is on order...... along with a 2 pack of 4 pound Skippy Super Chunk Peanut Butter. because choosy mothers choose Jiff!
And no, I didn't pay $17.56 or $16.68, I think I got them for $15. Some kinda wheeling and dealing my Daughter did because she buys so much stuff from them!
https://www.amazon.com/Skippy-Peanut-Butter-64-Ounce-Containers/dp/B0035MZ6RM/ref=pd_sim_325_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0035MZ6RM&pd_rd_r=WCCJ8K7JMAPKN09RWPD2&pd_rd_w=46ynU&pd_rd_wg=sS755&psc=1&refRID=WCCJ8K7JMAPKN09RWPD2
Peanut Butter goes great on a spoon, or a fork or stirred in with some local honey from the Snellville Farmers Market on some regular old White Bread....

Offline MadBob

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 06:19:48 AM »
Red Hatch Chili powder is in..... and the hot Green is on the way. Can't wait to make some wings with my new found seasonings....

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 01:59:41 PM »
Red Hatch Chili powder is in..... and the hot Green is on the way. Can't wait to make some wings with my new found seasonings.... 

I have both the red and the green in re-purposed shaker jars, I use a ton of the stuff.  We really do like the green for some reason, it has an herby background taste that the red no longer has..

Offline MadBob

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 05:52:31 AM »
Great idea Mike... The green is in! Now, just to make some time for those wings. Your idea though just might work out for me also!

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 11:12:53 AM »
Great idea Mike... The green is in! Now, just to make some time for those wings. Your idea though just might work out for me also!     

I re-ordered mine yesterday..  Several places were out of the green powder.