Author Topic: Very Impressive Avalon Resto Lineup  (Read 4310 times)

Offline shoeshine boy

Re: Very Impressive Avalon Resto Lineup
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 07:41:02 AM »
definitely give the original Antico a try. I've been there 3 times (going back for a 4th this Friday for lunch with friends) and the pizza has always been perfect. we get the San Gennaro and Margherita. I am not normally a fan of peppers but there's just something about the peppers on the San Gennaro that are incredible and of course the carmelized onions. *drooooooool*

Offline Horny Fat Foodie

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »
The portions at that Mexican place aren't sufficiently ample and he needs a hotter wait staff.

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
The portions at that Mexican place aren't sufficiently ample and he needs a hotter wait staff.

+1 on the portions/value. However both the bart and the waiter I've had in my two trips was very handsome. Welcome to 285 Horndog. I look forward to more or your insight.
Gospel of uOTPian dining http://scoopotp.com/author/joe-duffy/

Offline Northside Chip

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »
Anyone notice if any of the offerings have gluten free items available by chance?

NC

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
Anyone notice if any of the offerings have gluten free items available by chance?

NC

Menu is online. BTW, for housekeeping, I started this as a generic thread about forthcoming restaurants. I would suggest for any detailed reviews of a place, each restaurant should have its own thread. Prolly more general thoughts on has the project taken Alpharetta to the next level, etc are fine for here, but specific detailed reviews should prolly start a new thread.

Offline Northside Chip

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 05:22:58 AM »

NC

Menu is online. BTW, for housekeeping, I started this as a generic thread about forthcoming restaurants. I would suggest for any detailed reviews of a place, each restaurant should have its own thread. Prolly more general thoughts on has the project taken Alpharetta to the next level, etc are fine for here, but specific detailed reviews should prolly start a new thread.

Sorry, I had been through the menus online and they had no info. As the question was not about a specific restaurant but about the general line-up just as your post is(as I have not been able to try any of them due to the wife's Celiacs), I thought this would be the place to ask.

Guess this was the wrong place to ask.

NC

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 06:02:30 AM »

NC

Sorry, I had been through the menus online and they had no info. As the question was not about a specific restaurant but about the general line-up just as your post is(as I have not been able to try any of them due to the wife's Celiacs), I thought this would be the place to ask.

Guess this was the wrong place to ask.

NC

I apologize for answering as best as I could. Sorry for trying to help. After the first sentence it was a general suggestion, spurred by Horny's post. I will no longer answer unless I have an infallible response.

Offline TrickyD

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 07:28:12 AM »

NC

It looks like the burger place (Bocado Burger) has a gluten free bun option, and the Brussels Sprouts were pretty tasty.  I did think that the price point was a bit high for what you got quantity-wise, but my (gluten-full) burger was really good.

Offline Horny Fat Foodie

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »
I require 2 things from any restaurant.

To leave stuffed to the gills

A hot staff so I can make a deposit to the spank bank before heading home

HFF is a simple man

Offline robertl

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »
HFF, you done livened this place up!  Large portions are quite popular here and seem to be a measure of how good a restaurant is however I'm not sure that I've seen anyone post regarding a fondness for the "spank bank" previously.  I shall keep my eyes peeled. 

Offline uOTPia Dweller

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
HFF, you done livened this place up!  Large portions are quite popular here and seem to be a measure of how good a restaurant is however I'm not sure that I've seen anyone post regarding a fondness for the "spank bank" previously.  I shall keep my eyes peeled.

Quality can be cancelled out by lack of quantity, especially for what Ford Fry is charging. Though nothing at Avalon will make a "cheap eats" or "thrifty shopper" list, that's for sure. I'm going to have to take HFF to the Coo-Coo's Nest and meet Sydney, the greatest waitron/bart this side of Sweden.