Author Topic: The Pinewood  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Melomom

• About Face
The Pinewood
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
Checked out The Pinewood Tippling Room with friends last night.  It's located in the old Cakes & Ale space on Ponce at Ponce de Leon Place in downtown Decatur.  The menu is mainly small plates.  We tried the collard green spring rolls, which I thought were very yummy, and some sliders.  Shrimp po boy slider for me, with a vinegary slaw, beef and I think bacon for one of my friends.  Mine was delicious.  The other diner had a vegetable skewer with kale chips, looked very good.  Vegetarian selections are marked as such on the menu.

Good list of draft and bottled beers as well as wines, but cocktails are the main action here.  I had the Decatur Discretionary, which was AWESOME.  And strong.  Thought I would try another one, but that will have to wait until I go back with a designated driver.   :)  Lots of other interesting-looking drinks on the menu.

Though I love my Decatur pubs, this place is different enough to make it a destination.  Good food, but not "dinner" per se, drinks but not beer-focused.  They are going to have brunch soon, too.

http://www.pinewoodtr.com/

Offline DeleTigerbell

Re: The Pinewood
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:35:26 AM »
Keep moving If there is free time Help updating more offline.