Author Topic: Classic City Brew Fest  (Read 893 times)

Offline MadBob

Classic City Brew Fest
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:32:26 AM »
Get off your duffs and support the Athens-Area Humane Society, a great charity at the Classic City Brew Fest!  Hope to see you there.....

http://www.classiccitybrew.com/brewfest.html
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

You can't do epic shit with basic people.

Beer is why I get up every afternoon.

Offline MadBob

Re: Classic City Brew Fest
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
We've just released the list of unique cask ales that will be poured at April 13's Classic City Brew Fest in Athens, GA. These 24 casks are in addition to the 350 other world-class craft beers at the event, and the casks alone are worth the price of ticket! Grab some friends, score some tickets at www.BrewFest.net and join us!

2014 CLASSIC CITY BREW FEST CASK ALES:

• Bell’s Double Cream Stout blends ten specialty malts to yield a remarkable depth of flavor.
• Burnt Hickory Freak Flag Apricot Brett Saison - dry hopped with Citra and Amarillo. Notes of tart apricot combine with peach, citrus and barnyard funk.
• Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative Blood Orange, Sweat & Tears - 4% ABV blood orange Berliner weisse with extra blood oranges added to this distinctive cask.
• Creature Comforts Athena Paradiso Berliner-style Weisse with a blend of tropical fruits. Creature Comforts' world premier cask ale!
• Eventide Pale Ale - dry-hopped with Citra, Centennial and Chinook.
• Hawkshead Brodie's Prime Export (UK - 8.5% ABV). This classic "old ale" is rich and malty with a roasted edge balanced by English and American hops.
• Heavy Seas Black Cannon - 7.25% ABV black IPA dry-hopped with extra Amarillo.
• Ilkley Mary Jane IPA (UK - 6.0% ABV) relies on English hops for bittering and North American hops for a floral aroma.
• JailHouse Reese's Peanut Butter Breakout Stout - Robust chocolate and coffee flavors combined with dried peanut butter and chocolate.
• Jekyll Hoot'n & Holler'n Double IPA - double dry-hopped on cedar for this individual cask. 8.8% ABV & 94 IBUs.
• Max Lager’s Session 4 English-Style Summer Ale - Pale golden session ale finished with Germany's answer to citrusy American hops - Mandarina and Huell-Melon.
• MAZURT Pillow Fighter Pale Ale - Concocted with a variety of rich malts and tons of tasty hops. 13.5% ABV & 125 IBUs. Guest brewed by MAZURT at Burnt Hickory. (See detailed story posted on the cask.)
• Monday Night Fu Mint Julep - Fu Manbrew with mint and simple syrup.
• Moon River SNAFU IPA with Mosaic and Pacific Gem hops.
• O'Dempsey's Cold One Pale Ale - 5.65% ABV American pale ale dry-hopped with Cascade in the cask.
• Red Brick Belgian Tripel with plums and tarragon. 9.9% ABV.
• Red Hare Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sticky Stout with Madagascar vanilla beans. 6.8% ABV.
• Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA. This unique firkin is dry-hopped with Mosaic - adding mango, lemon, citrus, earthy pine, tropical fruit, herbal and stone fruit complexity.
• Terrapin Golden Apple Pie - Golden Ale with Ambrosia apples, cinnamon, vanilla and a kiss of maple syrup.
• Thomas Creek Up The Creek Extreme IPA aged on Woodford Reserve soaked oak. ABV: 12.5%.
• Three Taverns A Night in Brussels - Belgian-style IPA extra dry-hopped in the cask with Citra.
• Twain's Nelson's Resolution IPA - dry-hopped with ten ounces of Nelson Sauvin in the cask.
• Wrecking Bar Mexican Siberius Maximus - A barrel-aged, 12.5% ABV Russian Imperial Stout with toasted cocoa nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon bark and chipotle & smoked Serrano peppers.
• Yes Face Toasted O Face - Delicious stout with toasted almonds and toasted coconut.

Owen Ogletree
Editor: www.Brewtopia.info
Columnist: Southern Brew News
Associate Editor: Beer Connoisseur Magazine
Founder: Classic City Brew Fest & Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting
BJCP National Beer Judge
(706) 254-BREW
Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces?

Offline MadBob

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »
It's baaaack!
Classic City Brew Fest is a must. If you havn't been, you should go. If you have been, you already know!

Offline MadBob

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 06:14:29 AM »
Well folks, we are already 6 days into March and guess what?
Once again, Athens own Beer week is upon us. "What the heck!" you say....
Check it out again, Owen Ogletree's Classic City Brewfest..... A worthy event for Beer Geeks, and a fundraiser for the Athens-Area Humane Society. See you there.....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:33:22 AM by MadBob »

Offline Mike GadgetGeek Stock

• Administrator
  • Learn something from everyone.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 01:03:12 PM »
Well folks, we are already 6 days into March and guess what?
Once again, Athens own Beer week is upon us. "What the heck!" you say....
Check it out again, Owen Ogletree's Classic City Brewfest..... A worthy event for Beer Geeks, and a fundraiser for the Athens-Area Humane Society. See you there.....

I think I will be there..

Finding offense where none is intended is a form of selfishness.

When facts change, I change my mind.  What do you do?

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Offline MadBob

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 06:29:05 AM »
As I understand, Tix are still available for the Classic City Brew Fest! Come on out to enjoy some great beers, classic Ales in the cask pavillion and support the Athens-Area Humane Society, and let us not forget the hard work of Owen Ogletree who put's this show on! A most worthy event, and a great time.