Author Topic: Charleston, SC  (Read 1239 times)

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
Charleston, SC
« on: June 16, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »
We had to go to the Apple store in Charleston to pick up a computer they had repaired, so we celebrated Father's Day at Husk, which is constantly getting rave reviews. We had salads and the best shrimp and grits I have ever eaten. Each ingredient stood out on it's own and the total dish was just fantastic.

Offline AndyBoy

• Email
Re: Charleston, SC
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »
We drove to Charleston today to do some shopping, it has been a good long while since we were up there. They finally finished HWY 17 which they have been working on for years.

We had lunch at Xiao Bao Biscuit, a small place that once was a gas station. The bar covered almost the whole length of the restaurant and there was limited small table seating. The food was incredible, mainly a take on Viet Nam but I think they do other versions of Asian food also. My wife had this spicy tofu dish in a brilliant sauce, a little Ma La. I had a pork and noodles dish with red cabbage and some greens. The pork was very salty but the noodles help cut through some of it. Also a wonderful sauce with lots of flavor.

Charleston never ceases to amaze me with the wonderful food choices there.