Author Topic: Craigslist job search  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Foodgeek

• Half of what I say is meaningless.
    • The Food Tutor
    • Email
Craigslist job search
« on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
We're in Eugene now, of course, and I'm looking for a job here. I've found some interesting things as leads for a potential job, but in the process, I found this today: http://eugene.craigslist.org/fbh/2902679461.html I figure it won't be up for that long, so I guess I'll post the content of the ad here:

Hi there! My fiance and I are looking for a catering service for our wedding August 4th 2012!! We have a budget of $300.00 and need to feed 100 people, we are open to creative ideas for feeding such a large number of people and welcome amateurs who are looking to build their sills and clientele! The wedding will take place at the Beazell Education Center outside of Philomath Oregon, and it starts at 5pm! So I imagine food will need to be made available by 6pm! You have a full kitchen to work with and must have your liquor serving license, although I will not ask you to do anything more than champagne- it is a requirement of the facility that someone has it.. So I imagine that's your department! please feel free to email or text me with your ideas at (name and phone number removed).

Wow. I'm familiar with working on a budget, but that's pretty amazing. I almost appreciate the balls it would take for this person to even suggest feeding 100 people for $300. Thoughts? Maybe they could get a care package flown in with some gruel?
Food is my favorite.

Offline LizR

• Email
Re: Craigslist job search
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »
Bulk pretzels and a cash beer bar? Oh, but there is that champagne requirement...  ;)

Offline CodePoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »
Do they have Krystal's in Eugene? A few "sackfuls" and a thimble of Andre pink champagne and you are in the money!  ;)

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »
A friend who enjoys bragging about his economical bulk cooking says he's cooked Pad Thai for 100 for 85 cents per serving.